Sony MDR CD3000
May 30, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 13
Getting them?

I wonder how they compare to Sony's HD line?

- lk

May 30, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #7 of 13
Well Im getting ready to bite the bullet on a pair of K1000 in the next few weeks
icon10.gif

But as soon as my wallet recovers from that mighty wallop, its round 2 with these, assuming partsstore still has them, if I don't opt for used ones
icon10.gif

For me these are interesting in that they are sealed, offer excellent details, and have excellent bass (all according to various reviews here).

I cant speak to the sound of any sony phones, although I had a pair of misc. sony when I was like 10 years old, which were like 20 bucks and left much to be desired. But those were a whole different ballpark.

May 30, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 13
32 ohms and 103db/mW...those definitelly are among the most sensitive and louder heapdhones out there, they catch any hum, noise, from the amps and source, so be careful, they are the "microscopic surgeons" of audio....
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 30, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 13
Sovvkiller:
You bring up a most excellent point. It is also part of the appeal of these bad boys for me. I feel like I am growing or evolving my preference in headphones, at least for certain music. People talk about synergy with phones and source, etc. While this is important, I also tend to go after synergy with phones and music.

I guess my long term goal is to have 4-5 very good pairs of phones that all offer something special for music. Musical flavors. And again, I do need a sealed set of 'phones. Right now the only sealed pair I have is the Senn 201
redface.gif

May 30, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovvkiller:
You bring up a most excellent point. It is also part of the appeal of these bad boys for me. I feel like I am growing or evolving my preference in headphones, at least for certain music. People talk about synergy with phones and source, etc. While this is important, I also tend to go after synergy with phones and music.

I guess my long term goal is to have 4-5 very good pairs of phones that all offer something special for music. Musical flavors. And again, I do need a sealed set of 'phones. Right now the only sealed pair I have is the Senn 201
redface.gif

What about to get one that sounds good with everything, the CD3K is one of them and Edition 9 is another....I'm not too fond of gettingm ultiple pairs, as there is always one that you neglet...
wink.gif
The main reason i sold my CD3K after the Editions, they were literally dusting there...and if is a real shame for those fine headphones....

May 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 13
Well, I've had the HD650 basically exclusively in my main listening station for a while (I usually have my other 'phones around the house), and while it serves my needs, there are times when I wouldn't mind having choices. I guess I like alot of control over the playback. Plus I just plain dig this stuff.
biggrin.gif

If I owned a Lamborghini and a Corvette, the corvette would see alot of garage time, but come rainy days...

May 30, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about to get one that sounds good with everything, the CD3K is one of them and Edition 9 is another....I'm not too fond of gettingm ultiple pairs, as there is always one that you neglet...
wink.gif
The main reason i sold my CD3K after the Editions, they were literally dusting there...and if is a real shame for those fine headphones....

Sovkiller, you're my hero. Like you I have CD3000 and it's my most favorite headphone. Then enter this UE9. Would you like to give me some comments about the sound when comparing these two. Thank you.

May 30, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #13 of 13
I quite liked the CD3000. Very similar to my DT880, but plus a (midfi-ish) DT531 bass. Ridiculus looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back