Sony MDR-CD3000 vs MDR-CD2000
Mar 1, 2005 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Yada

New Head-Fier
Has anyone heard both the CD3000 and the CD2000? The 3000s are somewhat hard to find, and the 2000s are about half the price? What are the sonic differences between the two and how big are those differences?

Thanks

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 10
They are both very bright. At least with the CD2000's you get bright sound for half price....

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson
They are both very bright. At least with the CD2000's you get bright sound for half price....

And less than the half of the sound quality also.....they are nowhere in the same league at all.....
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
They have been replaced with the new Sony MDR-SA1000/3000/5000 series

Is that official Guru? Where did you get that info, I have not read anything regarding that in any place, share your secret source man...LOL...
confused.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Is that official Guru? Where did you get that info, I have not read anything regarding that in any place, share your secret source man...LOL...
confused.gif

CD2000 and CD3000 are no longer in production. They have not been in production for a good 4 months now. If you love them - time to grab hold of a pair because you will not find them after a while.

Source - SONY. I called them to ask about SA5000 replacement parts and I had a few other questions too.

Mar 1, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson

i wouldn't call the CD3000's very bright, at least not when they are paired with an amp that they have good synergy with. i haven't heard the CD2k's.

Mar 1, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i wouldn't call the CD3000's very bright, at least not when they are paired with an amp that they have good synergy with.

Well you can say the same thing about all headphones then. But when you consider all things relatively, they are bright. I'm talking about using many headphones and amps.

Mar 1, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Well you can say the same thing about all headphones then. But when you consider all things relatively, they are bright. I'm talking about using many headphones and amps.

oh, i agree that they are bright phones i just took issue with the "very". the problem with the CD3000's is that they are very picky with the amp they are combined with, more so than any other phones i've heard. i still don't think they are very bright, though, but i like treble so who knows. i have to say that after a few hours of using my CD3k's my etys sound slightly dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back