Sony MDR-7520
Mar 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,282 of 2,535
Quite interesting that there seem to be different impressions on the sound of the 7520.

I don't hear any sibilance at all. I find the overall sound signature to be quite warm. Dark, even. The high frequency is there, but the tonality is very pleasant.

Some have said the bass is a bit much, but I don't hear this at all either. Most of my use is with my cellphone and computer, and some songs sound quite bass-shy actually.

But when I use my 7520 with the Vali the low frequency does get a lot more prominent. In my opinion, what the 7520 is connected to affects the sound considerably. Just as the 7520 reveals the recording quality of the source files, it probably reveals the sonic tendencies of the equipment used.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,283 of 2,535
Apr 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #1,284 of 2,535
  Okay, so after some extensive listening and a bit of comparing back and forth, this 'cotton-mod' does add a slight amount of boominess to the bass, which lessens the SQ a bit. So I guess I can confirm what third_eye said. So in spite of the added comfort the cotton-mod provides, I've removed it and will just live with a little bit of pressure on my left ear. Either way, it's not nearly as bad as all the other headphones I've tested so far :) I just don't like what it does to the sound signature.

And the Shure SRH1540 will probably arrive Thursday, so I'll do some testing over the weekend :)

could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #1,285 of 2,535
  could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)

Post a pic of what exactly?

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,290 of 2,535
I tried EQing it like you guys told me to and it sounds great! However, the EQ I was using doesn't let you save custom settings and it fails to work a lot. What EQ would you recommend for use on Android?

"Music Equalizer" lets you save presets. I have saved presets for when I use cans like the MDR-V6 or the Klipsch S4. There are quite a few different EQ apps, so better options may be out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back