Sony MDR-7506 or V6 Response Graph?
Apr 26, 2005 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mmanolio

Head-Fier
Hi,
I have used these as my reference phones personally and professionally for over 10 years. Does anyone know where I could find a frequency response graph of these? I can find graphs of just about everything else but these. I would, ideally, like to be able to compare these with the Beyer DT-770, Senn HD-280 and Ety 4S. I know the graphs are not the last word on what they sound like but I can easily see the lower mid / upper bass hump in the HD600 that bothered me.
Lately I have been searching for alternatives for more comfort, maybe less graniness without losing isolation and the ability to hear all the upper-mid and high-end clarity of mixes etc. Since it is virtually impossible to audition anything good locally these days, a graph of the 7506 may help me avoid expensive trial and error. For example, so far, I have tried the Sennheiser HD-600's which did not work for me. I am a recording and broadcast engineer and need a closed phone with extended bass but no "hump" in the lower mids / upper bass region and clear, smooth, detailed upper mids and highs.
Thanks in advance,
--Mark--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back