Sony MDR-7506 for snowboarding?
Jan 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bryce.E

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a high quality pair of headphones for around the price range of the 7506's and i was wondering what my best bet would be. I'd be wearing a beanie under these and goggles over them. I plan on using them for snowboarding. Suggestions? Thanks.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm not particulary keen on clip ons or earbuds. I like conventional style headphones. My dad is an avid musician and has all kinds of fancy professional audio quality headphones and i can't stand cheap stuff. Im looking to spend a little over a 100 or so.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 11
dissing the "cheap stuff" headphones that many here would say sound as good or better than the mdr v6/7506. ok.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 11
I'd say it's a bad idea to bring expensive cans to the slopes anyway. No matter how pro you are, there's a high chance of ruining your gear. Thus, the ksc75's would be a great choice IMO.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 11
I'd be afraid of in ears. I'd hate to fall, hit the side of my head and have them jammed up my ear. That couldn't be good.

The KSC 75 sound very good. I've never heard the Sonys, so I can't compare them. I have read good things about the Sonys. I can't imagine they're that much better than the KSC 75 and definitely not better for skiing. The Sonys are monitoring headphones. You're not mixing on the slopes. Plus you're not doing any type of quality listening either.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 11
If you don't want clip ons (which I wouldn't use either) try the Porta Pro. Same driver. That's what I use for sports where I want to hear music. You can still hear what is going on around you. They stay on your head. They are cheap so if you ruin them it doesn't matter. And, as the owner of two sets of Porta Pro and the Sony 7506, music sounds a heck of a lot better on the Porta Pro.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Westone UM1 costs that much and is not a cheap stuff...

what kind of music u will be listening while snowboarding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back