Sony MDR 1R v V-Moda M-100 v Momentum (also which sounds "fuller")
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JamesDa

New Head-Fier
So I am cashing in some American Express Points which leaves me at the mercy of what they offer, but fortunately its a pretty good selection.

I'm no audiophile, in that I'm probably not going to necessarily notice some slight sound recession issues, also I have no amp (may upgrade later) and will primarily listen to MP3 like quality off a laptop with a good soundcard.  

From what I got the Sony is most comfortable, the M-100 best bass and maybe sound-stage(unsure), and the Momentum the most versatile/accurate

I value comfort, and listen to rock/industrial and movie/electronica (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXngtO8sSYY) and lighter study stuff.

I'm not sure what is the correct terminology but which we would you consider "fuller"?  I would probably prefer the low mids, high bass and an overall darker sound

I can get them all for about the same price so which do you think would be the best choice?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 3
If you spend a lot of time with cans on, get the Sony's, super comfy. I have some on as I write this and have had them on for about five hours now with no discomfort at all. They are very non fatiguing as far as music goes as well. Very musical without being analytical with a slight lean toward a darker sound. I have about twelve pairs of cans from inexpensive to expensive and I use the Sony's often. To me that says a lot. Suffice it to say that you will not be unhappy with the Sony's.
Hope this helps. Cheers.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 3
I have MDR-1r and V-moda crossfade m-100 and the pros of this two is just as you said MDR-1r got the most comfortable, Crossfade M-100 got the heavy bass impact. However m-100 can change the earpad to XL size which will make you feel more comfy :D and feel heavier bass impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back