Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle
May 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #32 of 41
Here's a quick video.

May 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:
Here's a quick video.

Finally!!! I can actually see (not read) about what everyone is talking about. Yeah, mine definitely has nothing like that at all. Neither does a co-worker's version who just got it this week. I absolutely convinced this is a small and isolated issue now.

May 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Finally!!! I can actually see (not read) about what everyone is talking about. Yeah, mine definitely has nothing like that at all. Neither does a co-worker's version who just got it this week. I absolutely convinced this is a small and isolated issue now.

I'm glad my video helped ease your mind.  Enjoy your 1R! :)

May 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #36 of 41
I have been fortunate enough to own 2 different MDR-1R's and have not experience the rack rattle or any other creaks or sound coming from mine,  seem very sturdy to me. 

But for those seeking other alternatives to the jack rattle fix, maybe this is the solution

Forward to the 2:55 mark and pay special attention.  Mind blowing!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNomXyN_gSg

I am laughing hysterically, I just wish I could understand what he is saying.  Enjoy!!!

May 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #37 of 41
Nice that there is a video on this too, it seems to be a rather widespread problem. Even though it is only a minor issue and easily fixed, it seems that some are already put off on the thought of buying them. Such a shame QC on Sony can sometime be dodgy, but also widely known. (SA5000 cable joint, MDR-1R jack.)

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #40 of 41
Hey all, sorry for reviving an old thread but I have a problem with my newly purchased MDR-1R. It's not similar to the problem mentioned here, but I just wanted to know whether any of you have experience with this. Out of the box, my MDR-1R's sound was panned very slightly to the right. The vocals were not exactly in the middle. At first I thought it was probably the soundstage but after A-B'ing them with my XBA-3's and Shure SE215's, I can't help but think that there is a noticeable stereo channel imbalance towards the right. Do any of you know about this?

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #41 of 41
I had the same problem, and returned them. The second pair is, as far as I can tell, balanced. It wasn't hard to notice the defect in my pair, though (maybe before returning them check that it's not you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back