Sony mdr-1A or Audio Technica WS-1100is for music and gaming??
Jan 17, 2017 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Benn Beckman

Head-Fier
hey everyone, i need advice for headphone use for music and gaming.
i want headphone with a good soundstage and a little bass for music and gaming. but i don't want an open back because i will use outside too. 
sorry for my bad english

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 8
I like the AKG K553 Pro and the Soundmagic HP150. There is also the Beyer DT770 Pro and the COP, which is a very unique headphone you could read about. Some people find the 770 to be a bit sibilant on top, but not everyone feels that way. It has emphasized bass. And if you want to spend less money, the Kingston Hyper X Cloud cannot be bested for under $100--it is really terrific. Great for gaming.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 8
  I like the AKG K553 Pro and the Soundmagic HP150. There is also the Beyer DT770 Pro and the COP, which is a very unique headphone you could read about. Some people find the 770 to be a bit sibilant on top, but not everyone feels that way. It has emphasized bass. And if you want to spend less money, the Kingston Hyper X Cloud cannot be bested for under $100--it is really terrific. Great for gaming.

akg k553 only 54$, are you sure it is good for fps gaming? i dont know what is COP?
is kingston hyper x cloud good for music?it is gaming headset, right?i read gaming headset suck for music.
hp 150 a little bit higher than my budget it is 214$. but i dont mind spend a little bit money as long as that is a good headphone.
sorry i just want to know, why do you suggest those headphones? it is cheaper ? it has sound better than what i choose?
sorry i am noob on audio, this will be my first headphone. so i want the best
sorry for my bad english too

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6 of 8
  akg k553 only 54$, are you sure it is good for fps gaming? i dont know what is COP?
is kingston hyper x cloud good for music?it is gaming headset, right?i read gaming headset suck for music.
hp 150 a little bit higher than my budget it is 214$. but i dont mind spend a little bit money as long as that is a good headphone.
sorry i just want to know, why do you suggest those headphones? it is cheaper ? it has sound better than what i choose?
sorry i am noob on audio, this will be my first headphone. so i want the best
sorry for my bad english too

COP - Beyerdynamic custom pro.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 8
  COP - Beyerdynamic custom pro.

hey i have just seen the review about COP. it has a good bass, but the reviewer didn's say about soundstage. how about soundstage? fps game need wide soundstage right?

Try getting used Beyerdynamic DT 150s. They are great for gaming and music. 

it's difficult to find them in local store . I prefer buy at the local store than at amazon or ebay. because its faster and if something happened, i can easily return of ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back