Sony MDR-10RBT , vmoda XS and others
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nick-firestorm

Head-Fier
Currently looking for a good pair of portable headphones, I think this is the best I found

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR10RBT-Wireless-Headphones-Bluetooth-black/dp/B00F0CQJQW

at 90 pounds. Other choices are the Momentum v1, AKG K845BT, vmoda XS and the Sony MDR-1A (wired). 

Momentums are over-ear and may clamp my big ears, I had the K545 and I didn't like them much and 845BT is the same just wireless, 1A and XS will sound better than 10RBT but the wireless is a huge plus for me.

Does anyone have the MDR-10RBT that can give me any insight?

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello,

Not sure how they are different but I have the MDR-1RBT.

I find their quality to be top notch. however the pleather pads are starting to crack after around 2.5 years of use. Fair enough I guess, they are easily replaceable so there's that...
The wireless functionality works wonders (it has BT 4.0 and NFC, don't think it got aptX).
Sound quality wise: the bass is way too present, muddy and overshadowing a good portion of the spectrum. Wired is a bit better but still needs some EQing to sound right.

In its price range, its quite good though :)

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 5
For yourself, isolation is just as good as most closed headphones, somewhere between 8 and 12 dB.

For the world, they won't hear what you're listening to if the can is on your head.

Isolation wise, they are very similar to every other good closed headphones on the market really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back