Sony MDR-1000X
Oct 21, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #497 of 2,709
I can also answer that, the only other ones I've owned were the Bose QC35 and Sennheiser PXC 550 and I can say that at least to me these sound better and overall would grab the sonys over the other two.

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #499 of 2,709
Well these headphones sound a little muffled to me compared to my 1ABT's. Maybe that'll change overtime. Maybe it won't.

Are you really a mad dog?

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #501 of 2,709
Got mine from Bestbuy at Union Square NYC the other day. Is everyone else hearing some sort of artifact or static on these while the Noise Cancelling is on? It's not always the case, but some times this artifact or static comes out of nowhere.

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #503 of 2,709
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been closely watching this thread, as these headphones interest me a lot. 

I was wondering, can the 1000x pair with multiple devices at the same time? For example, can it receive phone's notifications sounds while listening to music on the computer?

Thanks

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #504 of 2,709
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been closely watching this thread, as these headphones interest me a lot. 

I was wondering, can the 1000x pair with multiple devices at the same time? For example, can it receive phone's notifications sounds while listening to music on the computer?

Thanks

No, sorry, it pairs to one device at a time.

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #505 of 2,709
Backbeat Pro 2 seems then an option to really consider vs MDR1000x if you are not focused on NC. Lower price tag, multiple device pairing, physical controls, some NC and hopefully not creaking as I have seen on some commenters opinions in this forum...

We'll see how well it fares with reviews.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #506 of 2,709
Oct 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #508 of 2,709
I am also trying to break these, or at-least loosen them up a bit, I like the design and comfort a LOT more than my older MDR-100BNS which have the best sound in my opinion. I sold the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless a while back due to sound quality when compared to the 100ABNs. The Momentum Wireless had NO life or character, it was too balanced for my taste, also the Bluetooth connection kept disconnecting all the time while riding the subway in NYC.

My main requirements are:
1- Noise Cancelling (I Ride subway to work for 55 Minutes per commute)
2- Wireless ( I cant stand wires, specially while wearing a winter coat)
3- Sound Quality (Not so bassy but also not dead like the Momentum Wireless)
4- APT-X ( I use a Android phone with APTX)
5- Over-Ear & comfort ( I need earmuffs due to the winter in NY also nicely padded)
6- Aesthetics ( in black and not insanely huge)

The Sony MDR-1000x seem to check almost every box at this present comment, altho the 100ABNs do sound a bit more exciting, but I HATE the size and annoying creaking from all the plastic, which is why I keep pumping pink noise to the 1000x for hours straight.

I have 30 days to return if the sound doesn't improve to my taste, also, the bluetooth connection is better than the 100ABNs. I tried the BOSE QC35 and Altho I did like the feel and comfort of the pads, I didn't like the sound quality, the lack of APT-X was a HUGE turnoff for me.

Still early, just two days with the 1000x so far, lets see. I'll update in the coming week or so. Thanks all! 
beyersmile.png

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #509 of 2,709

Thanks

No, sorry, it pairs to one device at a time.

I think it can.

b455c0869191f04cce677f567d6a29ed.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #510 of 2,709
I am also trying to break these, or at-least loosen them up a bit, I like the design and comfort a LOT more than my older MDR-100BNS which have the best sound in my opinion. I sold the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless a while back due to sound quality when compared to the 100ABNs. The Momentum Wireless had NO life or character, it was too balanced for my taste, also the Bluetooth connection kept disconnecting all the time while riding the subway in NYC.

My main requirements are:
1- Noise Cancelling (I Ride subway to work for 55 Minutes per commute)
2- Wireless ( I cant stand wires, specially while wearing a winter coat)
3- Sound Quality (Not so bassy but also not dead like the Momentum Wireless)
4- APT-X ( I use a Android phone with APTX)
5- Over-Ear & comfort ( I need earmuffs due to the winter in NY also nicely padded)
6- Aesthetics ( in black and not insanely huge)

The Sony MDR-1000x seem to check almost every box at this present comment, altho the 100ABNs do sound a bit more exciting, but I HATE the size and annoying creaking from all the plastic, which is why I keep pumping pink noise to the 1000x for hours straight.

I have 30 days to return if the sound doesn't improve to my taste, also, the bluetooth connection is better than the 100ABNs. I tried the BOSE QC35 and Altho I did like the feel and comfort of the pads, I didn't like the sound quality, the lack of APT-X was a HUGE turnoff for me.

Still early, just two days with the 1000x so far, lets see. I'll update in the coming week or so. Thanks all! :beyersmile:
I ran a 12 hour pink noise clip yesterday along with some other various burn in clips repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back