Sony MDR-1000X
Oct 16, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #362 of 2,709
That's a good questions I really don't know what to get in the end it seems to be between the mdr 1000x, P7, or sennheiser psc 550. Or whatever else pops up that compete with them.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #363 of 2,709
I'm just waiting for few more reviews from others to eliminate 1 out of the following 4 headphones..

Sony MDR-1000X
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless
B&O Play BeoPlay H7
Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless

I won't buy all 4, but I can probably buy 1 on amazon and 2 others in bestbuy store (H7 only one not sold by bestbuy). I will give it couple more days to see other people do more comparisons of the 1000X to see if it is worthy of further consideration.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #364 of 2,709
I'm just waiting for few more reviews from others to eliminate 1 out of the following 4 headphones..

Sony MDR-1000X
B&O Play BeoPlay H7

I won't buy all 4, but I can probably buy 1 on amazon and 2 others in bestbuy store (H7 only one not sold by bestbuy). I will give it couple more days to see other people do more comparisons of the 1000X to see if it is worthy of further consideration.

What are you prioritizing?

You could probably throw out the M2 already.

If it's SQ, throw out the 1000x.

If it's ANC, you can throw everything out but the 1000x.

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #366 of 2,709
does 1000x suck at sound quality?

from whathifi.com:

Of course here, sound quality is king, but with headphones like the MDR-1000Xs, noise-cancelling has to be up to scratch. And in this respect we’re glad to report the Sonys are very good indeed. They are easily on a par with the Bose QC35s and better than the more expensive Momentum Wirelesses.
The MDR-1000Xs do a great job of cancelling out the drone and rumble of everyday life, whether in a busy office or on your daily commute – and with or without music playing, too.
The headphones use Sony’s DSEE HX audio processing, which the company claims will upscale compressed music to near hi-res quality. We always get a little nervy when processing tech starts messing around with the source material, but on this occasion the audio is pleasing.
With some Bluetooth headphones, we’ve experienced a slight brightness and hardness, but these Sonys sound anything but. There’s a silky smoothness and sense of refinement that leaves you purring for more.
Leading edges are still delivered with crispness and precision, though, and this smoothness doesn’t dumb down their dynamic ability. It’s a beautifully balanced sound too; highs and lows share equal status.
Play Rod Stewart’s In A Broken Dream and the David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame) guitar solo intro wails with as much soul and power as you could want. There’s a cutting edge here, but it doesn’t sound too sharp nor cut too deep.
The Sonys manage to get the distinctive vocal spot on. Expressive and rich in detail, you can’t help but get caught up in the emotion of the track. It’s a different character to the QC35s, which sound a tad bright and hard in comparison.
Drop lower down the frequency range and there’s plenty of weight, but it’s tightly controlled, and measured in its deployment. Play Drake’s Started From The Bottom and the bassline plummets to an impressive depth, but doesn’t sound overblown. You can almost feel the texture of each note as it reaches down and the Sonys dig out the detail.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #367 of 2,709

Sony MDR-1000X
B&O Play BeoPlay H7

For certain try the H7, it is quite worth an audition. It is also the only one to feature a removable battery so it will go on for years which is a great consideration for keeping it, or selling it.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #370 of 2,709
  How close do the H7 and P7 compare to each other? Im not sure which one to get.

I have a P7 here now (wired) tomorrow I'm going to buy the P7 wireless. Sadly I sold my H7 recently due to a short term financial need so I can't compare directly, but going by memory they are both of very similar sonic quality. I think the P7 has more of a rise in the mid-bass.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #371 of 2,709
I have a P7 here now (wired) tomorrow I'm going to buy the P7 wireless. Sadly I sold my H7 recently due to a short term financial need so I can't compare directly, but going by memory they are both of very similar sonic quality. I think the P7 has more of a rise in the mid-bass.

Be sure to put your thoughts on here of the p7 wireless. What other headphones can you compare it with (if any)?

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #372 of 2,709
  For certain try the H7, it is quite worth an audition. It is also the only one to feature a removable battery so it will go on for years which is a great consideration for keeping it, or selling it.

Or try the H8, which has ANC - it's over ear. Predecessor to the H7 and similar removable (and rechargeable) battery. Many of us are hoping for the rumored H9 :wink:

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #373 of 2,709

Ok thanks, I currently own the sennheiser pxc 550 but am willing to sacrifice  ANC for better and more fun sound quality.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #374 of 2,709
What are you prioritizing?

You could probably throw out the M2 already.

If it's SQ, throw out the 1000x.

If it's ANC, you can throw everything out but the 1000x.

In order:
1-sound quality
2-comfort
3-mic quality
4-build quality: must last maybe 2-3 years minimum

Extras:
5-passive noise cancellation is good enough for my home needs. Don't mind if it has ANC or doesn't have it. It would be extra

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #375 of 2,709
In order:
1-sound quality
2-comfort
3-mic quality
4-build quality: must last maybe 2-3 years minimum

Extras:
5-passive noise cancellation is good enough for my home needs. Don't mind if it has ANC or doesn't have it. It would be extra

Yea, you can definitely toss the 1000x out of your list. It has no business being there for a SQ being top priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back