Sony MDR-1000X
Oct 3, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #151 of 2,709
  After lots of positive reviews I ordered 1000X today without even trying it. I found a very nice price tag for my country which seems like a time limited launch promotion and I didn't want to miss that deal while waiting to have a change to try 1000x before buying it. I wish I like it more than Q35. I'll see when I receive it.

Which country is having this promo ?

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #157 of 2,709
Sony centers have in stock 1500tl, bought from maltepe carrefourthere was 6 in stock both colors

Yup, I just got mine for 1200tl (USD $400-ish). I might say these are truly good. I have had the chance to try (and return) the Sennheiser Momentums during the weekend and these are clearly the winner and they are actually cheaper than the Senns and the Bose (at least here in Turkey). 

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #158 of 2,709
  Yup, I just got mine for 1200tl (USD $400-ish). I might say these are truly good. I have had the chance to try (and return) the Sennheiser Momentums during the weekend and these are clearly the winner and they are actually cheaper than the Senns and the Bose (at least here in Turkey). 

Nice, I just saw this message :) Better choice than Momentum and QC 35. Did you buy from n11 or gittigidiyor?

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #159 of 2,709

Could you tell me about the soundstage and overall tone of the 1000x? I found the Momentum Wireless to sound way too bass heavy for my taste. I like the sound-signature to have a flat-response, but the sound has to be superb, though. 

To what headphone can you compare these to?

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #160 of 2,709

it sounds nice, not too boomy but good with zx2.... i think it is the best way to listen it sony walkman. 

it would be nice to have 2 connection walkman and iPhone so i can answer phone calls...but it is no possible i guess.

anyway my comment is about ambient noise feature, it works with ambient noise but i can not tell that it works wonders with voice, when i listen music at loud volume can not hear anything..... maybe i am doing some thing wrong.

also getting the volume up and down can be annoying like you scratching your ear like a dog... i prefer some buttons to do that.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #161 of 2,709
Finally broke down and placed an order for the MDR-1000X. Already have the Bose QC-35, the Sony 100ABN and the Samsung Level On Pro NC headphones. Will post a comparison when the 1000X arrives.
Interestingly, the 1000X is the same price as the QC35 here in India - around Rs 29,300. I had an eBay coupon, so ended up paying under Rs 27,000 for it.
My biggest concern is about how good the 1000X is for phone calls. The 100ABN is terrible, especially when you are outdoors and it is breezy. In comparison the QC35 is amazing for calls.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #162 of 2,709
​Hi
​After using those headphones on a daily basis at work while working on computer i found a really irritating feature with those headphones.
​The headphones tend to produce a "crackling" sound at the level of the articulation that reasonate within the earcup when moving the head.

​It is really irritating and distracting, especially  when moving for instance the head/eyes even slightly from keyboard to screen , i try to not produce harsh movement to prevent the crackling  that still occur here and there.

​I tried different position, some are better but nothing sem to prevent it.

​Best Regards

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #163 of 2,709
After all the great reviews I'm seriously considering buying these on my next flight (only two weeks away).

A question though.  I currently use a set of Sony MDR-1ADACs as my serious listening headphones.  Anyone have any thoughts on how they compare sound wise?

I know the ADACs don't have noise cancelling.  I do travel a lot for work and currently use Bose QC20s when I fly.  Love them but they do hiss a bit.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #164 of 2,709
​Hi
​After using those headphones on a daily basis at work while working on computer i found a really boring feature with those headphones.
​The headphones tend to produce a "crackling" sound at the level of the articulation that reasonate within the earcup when moving the head.

​It is really boring and distracting, especially  when moving for instance the head/eyes even slightly from keyboard to screen , i try to not produce harsh movement to prevent the crackling  that still occur here and there.

​I tried different position, some are better but nothing sem to prevent it.

​Best Regards

I heard the same creaking with the 1000X at a Sony shop by simply opening and closing my mouth. It sounded like plastic rubbing against each other, which I'd not find acceptable in this price range. I could even replicate it by holding the set and twisting the earcups.
The salesperson claimed that set was a sample and may not be from the final retail batch.

I then compared the 100ABN next to it, and the creaking was there, but much softer. Is this a common issue with Sony headphones?

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #165 of 2,709
I would say yes. I currently own the 100ABN and it creaks and the 1R, and 1A and 100AAP all creaked as well. The pair that does not have this issue is my Z7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back