Sony MDR-1000X
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,476 of 2,709
How can I activate Google assistant with this headphones?

Press and hold the middle of the right coup with your index finger.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #2,477 of 2,709
Has anyone had any luck getting DSEE HX to work? I can't hear any difference by having it on our off. I use the LG-G6.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #2,481 of 2,709
You can indeed turn it off in the IOS App. There is a marked sound difference between on and off.

On the WH-1000XM2 yes you can, but not on the MDR-1000X as it's not compatible with the App - unless I've missed something

On another note there's a bit too much confusion in this thread as it's easy to lose track of which headphone people are talking about. Maybe the WH-1000XM2 should have it's own thread, if it doesn't already.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #2,482 of 2,709
On the WH-1000XM2 yes you can, but not on the MDR-1000X as it's not compatible with the App - unless I've missed something

On another note there's a bit too much confusion in this thread as it's easy to lose track of which headphone people are talking about. Maybe the WH-1000XM2 should have it's own thread, if it doesn't already.

Sorry about that, I have edited my post to make this clear.

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #2,484 of 2,709
So, do you think it is defected is that I have don't have a good seal with the headphones. It could possibly be that my brain is kinda loose in my head.

Hi Jose,

I have this problem. It happens on the train so i think it is triggered by loud background noise and head movement and is a defect.

Here is what it sounds like - is this like yours? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0goIzrYGGPvZ3pJbW00LTF3ZDQ

Here is the full recording for more context: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0goIzrYGGPvclJkOHpQRktVYUk

These pops/clicks seem like digital artifacts / interruptions. This is what it looks like in time-series: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0goIzrYGGPvZFpReHZVVWFGdFJucXVyV3dQVEdsR2JoT0tj

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #2,485 of 2,709
This is my first post.
I have a 1000X for 7 months now and yesterday I have notices crack on both sides. the serial is 50XXXXX. I will send the unit to Sony today for a replacement.
Did anyone heard on a late serials (9000000) that cracked?
I don't want to be in a place when I need to send it back in a few months.
Thanks.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #2,486 of 2,709
In terms of stability sbc works perfectly, before I had the mrb 1rbt, and the sbc always jumps between tracks and another, with mdr 1000x running incredibly stable this connection, I can listen for hours without jumping in the playback. Since the LDAC sometimes runs well, even in priority mode in the sound, but anywhere with wifi signal, playback suffers from jumps, in my home is still worse, sometimes in a band gets to have more than 2 jumps during the playing of music, and sometimes interferences that get to last seconds, if I choose the effort mode in the connection improves but still yes it has some jumps between the tracks.
The problem with LDAC is not only in my mdr-1000x, but also in my SRS-XB3 sound box. In both I set to run only on SBC, until Sony actually fixes this problem with LDAC.
I believe that in the Walkman, the connection is more stable, I did not have the opportunity to test in one, but in all the Xperias I tested and using LDAC, I had the same experience of instability.

I've been using the MDR-1000X's with Xperia XZs and haven't had any problems with the LDAC, except very rarely some minor cut-offs, and these usually have been solved by reestablishing the Bluetooth connection. However, the main gripe I have had with these is that whenever I'm on a 2.4GHz WiFi the internet speed decrease to almost zero or unusable depending of WiFi signal strength. And this happens every freaking time. Only way to get usable internet connection with LDAC on is either use cellular data or 5GHz WiFi connection. Very bad design defect IMO, and I would like to hear whether anyone with the M2 has experienced the same problem.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #2,487 of 2,709
whenever I'm on a 2.4GHz WiFi the internet speed decrease to almost zero or unusable depending of WiFi signal strength. And this happens every freaking time. Only way to get usable internet connection with LDAC on is either use cellular data or 5GHz WiFi connection. Very bad design defect IMO
You seem to be blaming LDAC for causing slowdown of your 2.4GHz WiFi. Connectivity doesn't work that way. Have you compared your internet speeds (e.g. Speedtest) when connected to 2.4GHz vs 5GHz vs cellular? Very likely you are using slow 2.4GHz connections. Most WiFi routers default to operating on 2.4GHz (I think because 2.4GHz penetrates walls better than 5GHz). When there are many routers nearby, 2.4GHz airspace can become congested and lowers the bandwidth.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #2,488 of 2,709
I've been using the MDR-1000X's with Xperia XZs and haven't had any problems with the LDAC, except very rarely some minor cut-offs, and these usually have been solved by reestablishing the Bluetooth connection. However, the main gripe I have had with these is that whenever I'm on a 2.4GHz WiFi the internet speed decrease to almost zero or unusable depending of WiFi signal strength. And this happens every freaking time. Only way to get usable internet connection with LDAC on is either use cellular data or 5GHz WiFi connection. Very bad design defect IMO, and I would like to hear whether anyone with the M2 has experienced the same problem.

The problem doesn't lie with the headphones or LDAC really. The problem is that Bluetooth also operates at 2.4 GHz, and LDAC saturates the Bluetooth connection, meaning that it's possible that bluetooth under these conditions will interfere with 2.4 GHz WiFi, depending on your cellphones antenna configuration.

Back in the day it was considered OK for WiFi and Bluetooth to exist in the same RF band as Bluetooth was really only intended for low data rate usage - keyboards, mice, VCard exchange with other cellphones, etc, which wouldn't noticeably interfere with wireless. These days, however, our demands on Bluetooth are a lot higher, which means the chance for interference is a lot higher.

The fault doesn't lie with the headphones, the cellphone, or LDAC. The fault lies with how the WiFi and Bluetooth standards were originally written.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #2,489 of 2,709
You seem to be blaming LDAC for causing slowdown of your 2.4GHz WiFi. Connectivity doesn't work that way. Have you compared your internet speeds (e.g. Speedtest) when connected to 2.4GHz vs 5GHz vs cellular? Very likely you are using slow 2.4GHz connections. Most WiFi routers default to operating on 2.4GHz (I think because 2.4GHz penetrates walls better than 5GHz). When there are many routers nearby, 2.4GHz airspace can become congested and lowers the bandwidth.

Yes of course I know they use the same 2.4GHz radio frequency range. However, WiFi devices can switch bands when there are less congested bands available. It's inherently flawed design if Bluetooth connection using the same frequencies either demands too much bandwidth in order to operate or cannot optimize the band properly. Sony's engineers certainly had all the knowledge about the technical requirements and limitations when they designed the LDAC and yet they couldn't come out with anything better than this. Bravo?

And it's not just some random old school WiFi network I'm talking about. I've been using literally tens if not hundreds different WiFi networks and it is, like I said, always the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back