Sony is a LIAR!
Feb 7, 2002 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
This is what sony says about the d-ej925 at www.sel.sony.com:

"HIGH QUALITY DESIGN WITH titanium die-cast body and LID"

Yeah, sure, when pigs fly. Lying seems like a rather drastic marketing method to me.

My d-ej925 even says "magnesium die casting" under the lid. And the rest of it is DEFENATELY plastic.

Stupid Sony...

mad.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 27
Sometimes i feel Sony hired a bunch of thugs to sell their products. Jeez, dont they notice all the negative comments that are made about MOST of their product line?

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 27
Yes they might be lying, but what can you do? There isn't another company out there that can match the reputation that Sony has built up for so many years.

Sony can't be replaced (at least not yet).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 27
so, as long as you have built up a reputation you can justr screw over the people that buy your products? Sony is just like Microsoft sometimes..

Feb 7, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
so, as long as you have built up a reputation you can justr screw over the people that buy your products? Sony is just like Microsoft sometimes..

Damn right!

On the other hand... I feel that with sony you allways get reliable items... However, this could just be the propaganda that has gotten me too.
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken

Damn right!

On the other hand... I feel that with sony you allways get reliable items... However, this could just be the propaganda that has gotten me too.
tongue.gif

IMO, thats indeed just the propaganda.

Feb 7, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 27
Speaking of Microsoft, XP has become my new main box rather than linux. It's awesome!!! Hasn't crashed in four weeks and counting...
Anyway, Sony's marketing tactics are evil. I especially hate what they did to the dreamcast. But they make a lot of awesome stuff to compensate for their lemons.

Feb 7, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by utdeep
Anyway, Sony's marketing tactics are evil. I especially hate what they did to the dreamcast

I just hope Sega becomes the biggest software company, which they should in a few more years. Then they can kick Sony's ass at a software standpoint.

biggrin.gif

A little redemption goes a long way...Ahhhhh.....

Feb 7, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken

Damn right!

tongue.gif

Definitely propaganda. Unfortunately, Sony used to build quality stuff all the way down to their cheapest lines.

Now the most notable thing about Sony quality is its LACK of control. From very bitter experience, I would rather have nothing than Sony. I can't afford the replacements and repairs that come standard with every Sony product. They SUCK.

Great performance out of the box, but don't expect much after 6 months.

As I said, Very Bitter Experience on more than one Sony product, including $1300 US for a 35" TV that didn't last 2 years before the picture tube blew. According to the repair guys, they replaced at least one Sony big tube a month and generally more. It hasn't been right since.

Car stereo broke, less than a year, cordless phone was never as good as a Uniden that cost 1/4th, boom box that died in less than a year, and I take care of my stuff.

Personally, I'll stick to the other Japanese brands, and I've had really good service from JVC products and pretty good sound. No Probs with Kenwood either, and mypcdp is a 6 year old Kenwood that's hit the floor a couple of times when I was working and managed to hang the HP cable.

Oh well, I just lose it when ever anyone says anything good about The evil one's at Sony.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 27
Then how come my 925 says titanium die casting under the lid?

Feb 8, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 27
I think Sony has suffered a little from their size. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am tickled pink when I buy something that says "Made in Japan". I have a 9 year old Sony TV that operates flawlessly, and I swear the picture is better than the new Sonys I see at the store. That is the main reason I have not upgraded to a larger set. Sony simply could not afford to keep building products in Japan, and when you start moving to other countries, there are going to be quality problems. Yes, Sony charges a premium, because their brand name is strong enough that they can get away with it. We can hope this will change, but it takes a LONG time to change peoples brand perceptions, especially if they do not have a better alternative (really, can anyone compete with Sony?)

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 27
Wait, could that mean that the die (or the cast) is titanium? Misleading at best.

Feb 8, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #14 of 27
Sony as a corporation has succumbed to the same problems any large corporation in America has. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. I had some friends who worked at Sony and they all have interesting stories about who decides which features go into which product line.

Feb 8, 2002 at 10:29 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Ctn
Then how come my 925 says titanium die casting under the lid?

What??

Is the rest of it titanium as well?

Under my lid there is this round thing in the middle and the text is curving halfway around that round thing and it says, "Magnesium die casting".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back