Sony IEMS - EX500 Worthwhile upgrade over EX-82
Mar 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rory88uk

New Head-Fier
Looking for some help please
normal_smile .gif

I have a pair of sony ex-82's that came with my sony s-638f - which i think are great.

So naturally looking to upgrade! The question is would the Sony EX-500 be a worthwhile upgrade over my EX-82's ???

I also have sennheiser cx300 (but ex-82 are better), hd238 (i use these indoors for music hooked up to my computer) and hd280 (because i practice djing)... so basically wouldn't mind another set of sony iem for the bus, walking to work/uni etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I've owned a pair of 500s for 8 months. In the last November the Y splitter slowly started to die so in January I received a refund from HMV.com where I got them.
They were a major upgrade over the stock buds - volume levels may be the same but the SQ is noticeably better, much deeper bass, great mids, and the best thing was that they were really fun to listen to.
Personally I wont go with Sony's IEM's anymore, though I still have a pair of EX82.
You wouldn't be dissappointed with them, if you can get them well below 100$ then it's worth.

Mar 11, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks just the comment i've been looking for
bigsmile_face.gif

i know myself the sony iems are useless for reliability, i've already gone through 1 pair of ex-82's. My second pair had the extension cord thing so when the connector broke i just bought another cable for it. Its not really putting me off buying the ex500 though if i can get them cheap enough - i'll just try and take better care lol

I'm hoping to get them for between £30-£40 on ebay (i have made sure they are genuine first by making sure the sellers have the receipt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back