Sony Hybrids- Overrated?
Mar 6, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #16 of 25
sorry to hear they dont fit your ear,  ive tried more than 20 pairs different tips, the orange and green hybrid fits me best.  the sound of hybrids is not as clear as the tips with huge hole opening came with my eternas, but i still love them.

they are very durable unlike the comply tips. i just clean them once in awhile with wate.

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
I used a pair of these today, and while the seal is very good, as is isolation; they aren't as comfortable as people claim they are. They hurt my ears after an hour or so. I used all four tips, but all hurt my ears. Are they REALLY as good as people make them out to be in your opinion?

I'll tell you in a couple of weeks. A friend of mine is going to buy me some pairs abroad, as it's almost impossible to get them in Spain.

The "fake" hybrids (the ones you can find on eBay, not really fakes because they're not sold as genuine) are very good in every aspect, so if the Sony genuine are better, they're going to be my favourite tips.

I have never had the problem you describe with the "fake" hybrids. For me, ear soreness came from too big silicone tips fitted in big nozzles. Which phones did you use to test them? You say you used all four pairs, so maybe the problem is other, as the SS tips are VERY small.

Sorry to hear they don't work for you, dude.

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
I get that they might not be the best fit for some people, but how does the silicone hurt your ears?

Well I can attest that silicone can hurt my ears with long use. Its as if my ears don't like silcon touching the inside of my ears especially with pressure. The comply's will always be better for comfort but durability is not that great, plus the cost is a joke. Once in a while I can get pimples in my ear from wearing the silicon's too much so I have to switch it up as those pimples are very painful. I think sweat in my ear from the silicon is what causes the pimples to begin with.

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #21 of 25
Mar 25, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #22 of 25
The Hybrids don't fit ears well either. The medium Monster silicon tips on my TF10s on the other hand fit perfectly. Not too much pressure, and the way they taper off further than other silicon tips gives them both a good a fit and seemingly a slightly larger soundstage.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #23 of 25

Quote:

Me 3, and I have some unused sized medium tips trade for a large pair if anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540255/large-l-sony-hybrid-eartips-wanted-have-medium-m

Not any more.
wink_face.gif
 I really like the Hybrids but it has to be the right phone. Fit and comfort is about all you can expect from a silicone fit depending on your ears but their basically as good as any. I say right phone because they do remove some presence and top end from many. Can be either a good or bad thing depending.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #25 of 25
Sony hybrids worked great for me. They replaced the stock mylar tips on my e-Q5s. Less fiddling required to get a good seal with the hybrids. Probably will vary from person to person, but I found treble detail and spatial positioning to be improved with the hybrid tips. Could be due to a better seal or the angle at which the ear pieces are inserted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back