Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Feb 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #92 of 1,526
but its not what im looking for rockstar. I'm looking for IEMs due to its size and portability. I'd get those AKG's for home usage. 

i ended up trying the sennheiser earphones the cx whatever I liked what I heard. 

one of these days i'm gonna make up my mind on 100 dolar pair of earphones but I prefer to listen to before I shell out 100 dollars on IEms. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #94 of 1,526
  but its not what im looking for rockstar. I'm looking for IEMs due to its size and portability. I'd get those AKG's for home usage. 

i ended up trying the sennheiser earphones the cx whatever I liked what I heard. 

one of these days i'm gonna make up my mind on 100 dolar pair of earphones but I prefer to listen to before I shell out 100 dollars on IEms. 

Ok. Well if you get the K550s or K550 MK IIs for home use, let us know what you think of them. 

CX? Yeah I think that's what I got for my mom. They lasted for a while but then one side went bad. I dunno what to tell you man........if you want earphones, and ones that LAST........you're gonna have to be ok with spending a lot more than $50. lol 

Earphones? You mean headphones? IEMs and earphones are same thing pretty much. Well, be careful. Once you HEAR the K550s/K550 MK II, you may not wanna go back to IEMs ever again. At least that what's happened to me. lol You couldn't PAY me to go back to IEMs. lol 

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #95 of 1,526

Ok. Well if you get the K550s or K550 MK IIs for home use, let us know what you think of them. 

CX? Yeah I think that's what I got for my mom. They lasted for a while but then one side went bad. I dunno what to tell you man........if you want earphones, and ones that LAST........you're gonna have to be ok with spending a lot more than $50. lol 

Earphones? You mean headphones? IEMs and earphones are same thing pretty much. Well, be careful. Once you HEAR the K550s/K550 MK II, you may not wanna go back to IEMs ever again. At least that what's happened to me. lol You couldn't PAY me to go back to IEMs. lol 

yeah if you do math it might actually turn you're really paying more than 20-30 bucks for earphones per year or so. Maybe if you do the math it might be cheaper or just around the same price to buy a really good pair that will last you for years rather than buy multiple cheap ones. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #96 of 1,526
  yeah if you do math it might actually turn you're really paying more than 20-30 bucks for earphones per year or so. Maybe if you do the math it might be cheaper or just around the same price to buy a really good pair that will last you for years rather than buy multiple cheap ones. 

If you buy a $300 iem that lasts 8+ years compared to paying $30 twice a year for 5 years+, you would already be saving a lot of money, and if the iems are really great, they can be sold with little price degradation, especially if its one you found on sale that got discontinued and rose in price like the audio technica ck10, but a durable iem is typically detachabl. Headphones will always be the most durable though

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #97 of 1,526

Yeah. That's exactly my point. No sense in buying cheap ones if you expect or want them to last. It just doesn't work that way apparently. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #98 of 1,526
  If you buy a $300 iem that lasts 8+ years compared to paying $30 twice a year for 5 years+, you would already be saving a lot of money, and if the iems are really great, they can be sold with little price degradation, especially if its one you found on sale that got discontinued and rose in price like the audio technica ck10, but a durable iem is typically detachabl. Headphones will always be the most durable though

Yeah it's more economical that way, at least in the long run. Not as much in the short run, but yeah. 

Yeah if I ever got IEMs again they would HAVE to be detachable ones. I didn't even know they had those 'til now. lol But I'd want that b/c from experience that's the #1 issue that occurs with IEMs............I feel like the wire goes bad and that make the earphone speaker go bad too. So for them to be detachable is awesome and a MUST IMO. 

Yes.......you can buy $50 headphones and they will prob last FOR YEARS, but not $50 IEMs. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #99 of 1,526

Yeah it's more economical that way, at least in the long run. Not as much in the short run, but yeah. 

Yeah if I ever got IEMs again they would HAVE to be detachable ones. I didn't even know they had those 'til now. lol But I'd want that b/c from experience that's the #1 issue that occurs with IEMs............I feel like the wire goes bad and that make the earphone speaker go bad too. So for them to be detachable is awesome and a MUST IMO. 

Yes.......you can buy $50 headphones and they will prob last FOR YEARS, but not $50 IEMs. 

there are some cheap iems with detachable cables like meelectronics m6 pro, which I would recommend if durability on a budget is your main concern

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #100 of 1,526
  there are some cheap iems with detachable cables like meelectronics m6 pro, which I would recommend if durability on a budget is your main concern

That's cool. They look nice too. 

I'd still be worried about them going bad quickly though at that price. Maybe not as fast as the fixed-cable IEMs, but still. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #101 of 1,526

That's cool. They look nice too. 

I'd still be worried about them going bad quickly though at that price. Maybe not as fast as the fixed-cable IEMs, but still. 

They come with a durable shell and the standard mmcx connector found on the more expensive iems so the cable is interchangeable with other iems, the only reason for failure would be driver, but as long as the driver remains inside the shell, the driver itself should last years easily

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #102 of 1,526
LG please don't make a stupid mistake by trying to launch the g6 early with the same old 821 and kill your brand for good.... I am really interested in the g6 but an 821 would absolutely kill it for me and they would be putting their company at suicide

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/17/new-lg-g6-leak-provides-clearest-look-yet-lgs-2017-flagship/

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #103 of 1,526
  They come with a durable shell and the standard mmcx connector found on the more expensive iems so the cable is interchangeable with other iems, the only reason for failure would be driver, but as long as the driver remains inside the shell, the driver itself should last years easily

Ok. I guess I'd have to read reviews from owners to see how well they hold up considering the price level. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #104 of 1,526
wow sounds like you found one of those products that punches way above its price/class point?

haha all these obscure brands I've never heard of. Maybe audio tech is something smaller companies are able to create them selfs independently without the need of large sums of money. Might buy this one instead of the re400. 

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #105 of 1,526
  LG please don't make a stupid mistake by trying to launch the g6 early with the same old 821 and kill your brand for good.... I am really interested in the g6 but an 821 would absolutely kill it for me and they would be putting their company at suicide

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/17/new-lg-g6-leak-provides-clearest-look-yet-lgs-2017-flagship/

I dunno man...........everything I've read about it so far says it's gonna be the 821 because of the timing of the G6's release. It's too soon for them to have the 835 available to them for mass production if it comes out in April. That's why the HTC 11/Ocean is gonna be released they say in May or June instead of the usual April, b/c it will have the 835 per HTC's executives. 

So you should just get the HTC 11/Ocean then. 
L3000.gif
 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back