Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Feb 18, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #76 of 1,526

Yeah, I'm sure it does. I've never tried any that were over $50 though. lol 

Yeah I've heard the Momentum headphones were v-shaped too, so I'm not surprised. lol 

Yeah I've heard that too about the V-Moda headphones. At the time I loved my V-Moda IEMs though, but I also thought headphones were lame at the time too, so clearly I've evolved. LOL 
L3000.gif

which pokemon did you evolve into this time??? LOL

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #79 of 1,526
  is v-shape automatically bad. 

akg you did send me a long list I haven't forgotten them. it's just that a lot of the stuff you send me is really obscure stuff I've never heard of xd. If they have good return policies i'll check them out.  My friends usually rate the sennheiser cx 2 the ones you get cheap for 30 dollars or whatever. 

ask rockstar, he is the amazon expert here lol. He always has no prob returning stuff within 30 days if he doesn't like it or something goes wrong. As long as they are listed as an amazon seller then it should be fine.

imo v shape sound is to cover up the cheap driver and just cater to the large audience since even terrible v shaped headphones can sound good with most modern pop music these days. A good headphone will never have a large dip in the mids 

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #80 of 1,526
is v-shape automatically bad. 

akg you did send me a long list I haven't forgotten them. it's just that a lot of the stuff you send me is really obscure stuff I've never heard of xd. If they have good return policies i'll check them out.  My friends usually rate the sennheiser cx 2 the ones you get cheap for 30 dollars or whatever. 

Yes. V-shaped sound sux man. lol

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #81 of 1,526
  re400 is too pricy though especially for a brand idk about. I'd rather spend 80-100 on sony. 

eh.... sony is very overpriced for the performance they offer, sony is far from a value brand in the iem world. I would stay away from their $100 iems, they got some really good ones for higher price though. If you don't know hifiman, then you just gotta get used to the big brand names out there because hifiman is one of the core founders of value audio products, they re-popularized planar magnetic headphones and they were the first to bring out high performance low cost iems with their original re0

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #82 of 1,526
The sony xba10 used to go for really cheap back in the days, they've since discontinued and they are pretty expensive if you can even find them nowadays. The updated xba100 is pretty much the same thing but still not $40 like how the xba10 used to go for, not a good value at its current pricing. If you want the best sony iem, it's hands down the mdr ex1000 which has a very large soundstage and great balance. Stay away from the higher end xba iems like the xba 40 and especially the $500 xba z5, sony really doesn't know what to do anymore and they made such a bizarre sound that fits nothing. It's bass heavy and dark, lacks the air and detail you would normally get with a balanced headphone but has a really random treble spike, and the largest dip in the mids ever. 

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #83 of 1,526
yeah im gucci thats way too pricy that I'd be reluctant to even spend on even on a pair of headphones. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015YBFFNQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27M2WEENEBTCA&coliid=I3PUFYEWSS69HY&psc=1  

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #86 of 1,526
  yeah im gucci thats way too pricy that I'd be reluctant to even spend on even on a pair of headphones. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015YBFFNQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=27M2WEENEBTCA&coliid=I3PUFYEWSS69HY&psc=1  

rha is a brand for those who want bass, their $150 iems are pretty decent but never heard of the $40 ones, the re400 is a much safer choice assuming big bass isn't your priority

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #87 of 1,526

Gucci? lol 

This one's for aertus. lol

The cheaper stuff doesn't last, so over time you actually end up spending more money really. I can attest to all that considering I went through like THREE of my $35 V-Modas over only 3-4 years. lol Even my mom's $50 Sennheiser earphones went bad in relatively a short time.

The price of the INCREDIBLE AKG K550 (Award Winner for best over-ear headphones in their price category for years: 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016) went down just recently by A LOT............was $200 when I bought them a couple years ago. Then last year I saw them for a long time priced at $140-$160. NOW you can buy them for like $100 on Amazon!!! Just sayin' man. lol These crap on headphones I've tried out that cost $300-$400, and probably higher too. The cord is 10 feet long, but you can easily resolve that by doing what I did, which was using a twisty-tie on the cable (just use one of the ones that come in the box). Earphones (per akg fanboy) are only gonna last if you spend like $200-$300 STARTING on them. F that. lol

It's time aertus lol......................................I STRONGLY recommend the K550 MK II ones from seller "ssshan". I prefer the look of the MK II over the regular K550 (they sound the same, well 99% the same lol). The only difference in looks is how the model name is written. I just think it looks cooler vertical vs. horizontal. But whatever. (HARB Products is a new seller, so don't know how reliable they are yet.) They're also the cheapest one on their and have a good reputation too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back