Sony headphones
Aug 31, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #16 of 28
Yeah - I really like them. I bought one to review as a PC games phone. I've actually ordered Eggos from Japan for the games PC's, but I figured if I don't like them they'll be easy enough to sell on to my friends for practically no loss.

While I don't need ultimate sound quality on the games PC's, going by my experiences with the DT231 so far, those Eggos had better be either damned good or damned stylish when they arrive... Otherwise they'll be going straight out of my door again
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 28
I got...

1 x white D22
1 x gray D22
2 x blue D22
2 x D66

biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 28
Well, it's quite simple. I have 4 games PC's in a room, so the Eggos will go there. I got one D66 because I was curious, and another for a friend.

I actually have... 2 servers, 6 PC's and 2 Apples at home. I have begun to suspect that I might be a geek.

Sep 2, 2002 at 9:07 AM Post #22 of 28
i think i am set on buying the 7506's i just need to have a listen, where could i obtain one of those meta42 amps for use with them?

Sep 2, 2002 at 11:13 AM Post #23 of 28
For the cost of the 7506s and a meta42 you could get a better pair of headphones that also don't need an amp.

Food for thought
wink.gif

Keep in mind that you can't judge headphones by the brand, Sony make more dud headphones than good ones.

I had another play with the Beyer DT231s today, and after having heard the 7506s I can definately say I think the Beyers sound better... considering they're significantly cheaper than the 7506s that's pretty good... although they aren't built as well and don't fold.

Sep 2, 2002 at 11:17 AM Post #24 of 28
ahhh well im looking for the durability and folding was a bonus but i'll have anotehr look around, my selection is quite limited tho, there aren't many decent headphone retailers around. I could order some but then i won't get to hear them.

Sep 2, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #25 of 28
Most decent hifi stores will have at least some range of headphones.
I recommended the 7506s purely based on head-fi reports until I heard a pair, never will I recommend them for anything above $100AU.

Sep 2, 2002 at 11:52 AM Post #26 of 28
silencer, ive seen the 7506 at chatswood's sony.

There is a yamaha, grado shop on york st(i think). it's under a basement.

and i think a few shop sells selective beyer headphones if you look hard enough..

Sep 2, 2002 at 1:09 PM Post #27 of 28
I own the cousin of the 7506 the V6 and I thought I might chime in here. I am well aware of the limitations of the V6, and I think you can do much better for the prices you are talking about.

That being said, if you pair the V6's with a warm source and a forgiving amp, as a portable headphone they are actually excellent. For regular home use, they are beginning to wear on me, and I am looking for something a bit less opinionated to have as a more 'all-around' can... the 250-80's, tragically, were too tight for me. Pity, because I really enjoyed their sound. maybe the senn 280's?

Sep 2, 2002 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by silencer
I am looking to purchase a pair of sony headphones maybe another brand but i'd prefer sony, are the MDR-CD780's any good or would v6's be better?
Does anyone know any where in australia that sell these items as the sony store deny any knowledge of v6's or 7506's

Meh. Those Sony Stores carry only the consumer-oriented line of products, to begin with. But the MDR-7506's are part of Sony's Professional line, which is sold almost exclusively through DJ, pro-audio and musicians' stores.

As for their consumer line of headphones, a few models are pretty good - but most are mediocre or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back