Sony headphone amplifier help
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shysteve40

New Head-Fier
Hi Steven here. I have a Sony headphone amplifier model TAZH1ES. I am using it with focal stella headphones. The amp is hooked up to my labtop. Every so often when playing audio I hear a loud static crackling sound. What could be the problem. It happens at radom times while playing audio. Please respond with any help thanks so much.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi Steven here. I have a Sony headphone amplifier model TAZH1ES. I am using it with focal stella headphones. The amp is hooked up to my labtop. Every so often when playing audio I hear a loud static crackling sound. What could be the problem. It happens at radom times while playing audio. Please respond with any help thanks so much.
Hi, I had a similar problem with the TAZ when using the USB ports of my desktop ryzen tower. In my case the noise and distortion was always there.
The interim solution was zu use a powered usb hub.
After a bios and driver update finally the noise went away. Now everything works as supposed (even without an additional hub).
An additional consideration might be to disable power saving in the Windows Power plan and use the Max CPU Performance to disable the downclocking of the CPU so the CPU clock always stays at 100 percent. I hope this is some food for thought …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back