Sony HD 3 Volume
Jan 6, 2005 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

arun_hallan

New Head-Fier
I bought a Sony HD3 a few days ago. It's fine apart from the volume.

When i listen to music i really want it to blast into my ears. With the sony the sound seems like its only half way up.

What can i do about this? I'm using Sony EX70's with them. Is there anything that can give a volume boost?

I've gained all my music upto 100db but id rather not have done this as i always feel my mp3's would have lost alot of quality.

Apart from that, the design is good, the device is so small, and the interface is fine.

Even sonicstage is fine if used properly.

Anyway does anyone know what i can do about this volume thing, or otherwise suggest a replacement to the HD3?

Thanks

Jan 6, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 5
make sure that the AVLS (volume limiter) is not on, as well as you are using the mini jack for headphone output and not line-out... both of which are options in the menu.

besides that, i'm not sure what else you could do.

i'm using ex71's with my hd1 and at half volume it's most definitely loud.

Jan 6, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 5
i had the hd3 for 13 days before i returned it for a refund, ill buy an ipod 4th gen, reluctantly...

sound was the biggest issue, sonicstage the runner up problem...

im so full of hate for sony, other than those issues it was PERFECT.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 5
I can't say that I am having this issue with the HD3. I'm using Fontopia earbuds (model number escapes me) that were £30 in the UK and they were the best thing I did after getting my first netMD player, as the supplied Sony earphones are just rubbish.

Played at about 50% volume I could just hear my phone ringing on my desk this morning!

Could these units vary in output?

DB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back