Sony has a new player coming out also!!!/New Sony HDD Walkman Released; E600 Released
Nov 8, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #122 of 129
Can anyone confirm the a3000 has a lineout?my local sony centre has these now and on the phone they told me you can switch the headphone out over to a lineout the same as the cd walkman i own,am hoping to find out over the next couple of day's when i visit the shop but was curious anyway.

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #124 of 129
At last, I've actually seen the new Walkman in the Sony shop - I liked the A1000 particularly (altho I'll buy it online for less!).

They also had a leaflet about an official launch tomorrow - designed to tie in with an exhibition of rock photos from the last 25 years at the Walkman Gallery in London.

Details here if you're interested.

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #125 of 129
I think the unusual design looks very good with the A1000. At £150 its not too bad, but the thing thats really holding me off is Sony's great idea to equip all their players with 1.5mW headphone outs.

Anyone know what the eact audio specs are for the A1000? If the EU version is volume capped can it be disabled like on the previous HD walkmans?

Nov 10, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #126 of 129
The a3000 in the flesh just seems like an identical sounding hd5 but in a bigger shell[the black being the best looking to me] while i consider the a3000 a fine sounding match for my now deceased iriver h320 i have swallowed hard and bought something i never thought i would a 5g ipod! it was love at first listen.

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #127 of 129
i'm seriously considering getting an a3000 (over an iriver h10). unfortunately can't get the black one in australia, so probably grey.

does it really sound like the hd5? i'd get the hd5 except it doesn't have a radio, and i've been known to flick on occasion.....

EDIT - it's available from the 2nd of december from the sonystyle online store in australia, so i went for the iaudio x5l instead - need it the week before so that i can get it duty free on my parents holiday!

Nov 21, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #129 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
If the EU version is volume capped can it be disabled like on the previous HD walkmans?

Saw a post on another site that said it could but can't remember where now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back