Sony HAP-Z1ES. New High-Res Streamer/Music Server from Sony
Aug 29, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #107 of 111
12 Tone analysis Takes forever. Does anyone know if Sony Music Center 12 tone analysis on the PC can be applied to files before they are uploaded to the HAP-Z1ES and will it recognize them?

Nov 23, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #108 of 111
Hi All. It seems it's been a number of years since anyone has posted here. I'm curious if my Sony SA-Z1 speakers will sound noticeably better fed by the HAP-Z1ES with a balanced cable, than if it's fed by (the local files on) my late-2015 iMac connected to the speakers with an optical cable? I have my music on the iMac going through Roon's parametric EQ which I enjoy. I haven't ever worked with balanced cables and so am unclear what the benefits would be here in this case. Any thoughts would be appreciated, and particularly from those with the SA-Z1.

Nov 23, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #109 of 111
Hi All. It seems it's been a number of years since anyone has posted here. I'm curious if my Sony SA-Z1 speakers will sound noticeably better fed by the HAP-Z1ES with a balanced cable, than if it's fed by (the local files on) my late-2015 iMac connected to the speakers with an optical cable? I have my music on the iMac going through Roon's parametric EQ which I enjoy. I haven't ever worked with balanced cables and so am unclear what the benefits would be here in this case. Any thoughts would be appreciated, and particularly from those with the SA-Z1.

I doubt HAP-Z1ES is a true differentiated balance therefore no different from RCA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back