Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Jan 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,306 of 1,768
I like the design of these but the style of these is like it's aimed for 'city' looks as I live in the forest:speak_no_evil:
Also can't believe most of u are saying that it's more neutral than 1r/10r/1a as they look more professional.

A perfect case where one shouldn't judge a book by its cover?

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,307 of 1,768
My only concern with the new wireless model is that past Sony headphones with AC still had noise issues from the port and added noise issues do to wind going through the AC mic's. I returned the original MDR1NEC within a day due to these issues.

Hopefully this model overcomes those areas of concern. But I won't be buying one to be the guinea pig :wink:.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #1,309 of 1,768
I suppose the fact that they've released a wireless version must mean that the originals sold pretty well. I really want to try the LDAC codec in person. If it's truly the same quality as using wired then it's a game changer.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #1,310 of 1,768
If the price is $300-$400, looks like I'm going to have to pass on them...I'll stick with my MDR-XB950BT for wireless audio listening.
Yes, I know they aren't the same, but granted the cost was way less for mine.

If they review well, I'll snag a pair when they come down in price.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #1,311 of 1,768
I have tried a couple of Sony BT models have been very impressed with battery life and sound quality on them. They heave those areas nailed in my opinion. But neither had NC so it will be interesting to see how these work. Hopefully reviews will have real world listening including windy environments.

I love the Sony sound but even the 100AAP which had the least wind noise still had more than I like an is quite a bit noisier than the VModa M100.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,312 of 1,768
I have tried a couple of Sony BT models have been very impressed with battery life and sound quality on them. They heave those areas nailed in my opinion. But neither had NC so it will be interesting to see how these work. Hopefully reviews will have real world listening including windy environments.

I love the Sony sound but even the 100AAP which had the least wind noise still had more than I like an is quite a bit noisier than the VModa M100.

Yup, my only real gripe with the 100aap is the lack of isolation. It the NC alleviates that (and they still sound great), then they might be my first pair of bluetooth headphones.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,314 of 1,768
I have compared these with the Philips A5 Pro, and as peterdc said, the philips are the superior headphone.  They retail at twice the price of the sonys but can be had for £100 or less on ebay. 

Only advantages of the sony is comfort and more subbass.  Philips have more detail and sharpness across the frequency range, bass drums have more punch, cymbals are more defined and with better extension.  Soundstage on the philips is more precise, less diffused.  The drivers in the philips are better quality overall.  Midrange in the female vocal area is slightly more forward on the sonys making a nice airy sound. 

I do think that the sound signature on the sonys is very pleasant, nothing is fatiguing and the bass is blended in well and the comfort and portability is top quality but when you can get better sound with the philips a5pro for less cost on ebay, it makes sense to go for the philips.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,315 of 1,768
  I have compared these with the Philips A5 Pro, and as peterdc said, the philips are the superior headphone.  They retail at twice the price of the sonys but can be had for £100 or less on ebay. 

Only advantages of the sony is comfort and more subbass.  Philips have more detail and sharpness across the frequency range, bass drums have more punch, cymbals are more defined and with better extension.  Soundstage on the philips is more precise, less diffused.  The drivers in the philips are better quality overall.  Midrange in the female vocal area is slightly more forward on the sonys making a nice airy sound. 

I do think that the sound signature on the sonys is very pleasant, nothing is fatiguing and the bass is blended in well and the comfort and portability is top quality but when you can get better sound with the philips a5pro for less cost on ebay, it makes sense to go for the philips.

Yikes, at 405g i think i'll pass. The sony's are a featherweight in comparison.

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,316 of 1,768
They are truly fantastic, only the band is plastic because it's a stretching part. The cups are metal :p

Construction is top notch.

Buy them and be happy, they do so much so well they are a fantastic all-rounder.

Yea they sound like a great pair of headphones, its funny because this is the first ever cans I'll get, always been a iem guy myself.

Im wondering if cans will be a new experience for me, I mean going from 9mm, 16mm to 40mm has to mean something right?

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,318 of 1,768
I like the design of these but the style of these is like it's aimed for 'city' looks as I live in the forest:speak_no_evil:
Also can't believe most of u are saying that it's more neutral than 1r/10r/1a as they look more professional.

A perfect case where one shouldn't judge a book by its cover?

You should be fine with the black color, it looks like any other headphone, me I want that red one, looks awesome! Im in NY though so city boy here!

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,320 of 1,768
The only pairs of the headphones that Sony ever released with good passive isolation was the x10 and x5 but of course it came with world class sound.
The ear pads that came with the x10 / x5 would have been a great addition to the newer headphones they release now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back