Sony Ex90
Sep 5, 2006 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mchurgin

100+ Head-Fier
I have not posted here in quite some time. Over a year since a got UE superfi pro's.

I just picked up Sony ex90 and wanted to post my opinion. These are the best sounding Quasi earbuds I have listened to. The sound signature is very similar to the Super fi pros. Except there is no where near the isolation. There is a touch more isolation than a regular earbud (ie MX500). Now if you are looking for isolation like other IEM's than these are not going to cut it. But if there is a time when you need to hear a little bit of ambient noise and have a comforatable good sounding earbud with a slight amount of isolation give these a try. Or like me sometimes just want a good sounding earbud (better than mx 500)these are them. Very well balanced and sound good with all types of music I have tested old and new.

I have seen a few posts about mods for these but not really any reviews. I also dont think they need any mod whatsoever.

Sep 5, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 4
ya, the sound is surprisingly good. much better than the ubiquitous EX71. i'm still getting used to canalphones, the drivers are a bit large, so a good fit is sometimes hard. i dont think i'd be doing the mod either anytime soon.

Sep 7, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 4
there really have been only a few reviews about the ex90.. maybe only a few people own them.. i really do like them but without the mods they seem rather thin and distant sounding..
umm.. do you have any recommendations on a good portable amp for the ex90..?? because many were saying that the ex90's are hard to drive so i really really do want to pair it with an amp..
biggrin.gif
any info would really be a good help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back