Sony EX70 & Cycling (OR sport in general)
Dec 23, 2002 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

evilcthul

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this should be in the Headphones forum or the Members' Lounge so bare with me.

I'm using the EX70 (which I bought today) for cycling and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully managed to find a way to stop the air rushing sound when the wind kicks up or you're riding quickly. I get that constant low pitched rumble or "whoosh" akin to sitting in an airplane cabin and I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of it. I thought that perhaps these closed cans would do it over my previous pair of el cheapo buds but the problem has been reduced but not to the extent that it no longer detracts from the music.

Sure, I can still hear the music and dialogue when I'm using my tuner etc but with the low pitched rumble I lose a lot of detail and everything sounds muffled.

Maybe there is a better option? Anyway, I'm happy to have paid $35USD for a throw around pair of sport cans... They're very good for the money since they isolate nicely.

Dec 23, 2002 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 4
You're using EX70's for cycling?
Out on the road?
eek.gif

Dec 23, 2002 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Call me crazy but yes. I know the caveats of such a practice but I think I'll be fine.

I however cycle on a track in a park not on the open road... If i'm on the open road I take one ear piece out.

I mainly use the EX70s cycling or on public transport.

Dec 23, 2002 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 4
That's really...inappropriate. Still, you're the one getting run over, not me
redface.gif

Try sealing the little holes on the back of the phones with tape, and using as big a earpiece as your ears allow.
Apparently this improves the bass too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back