Sony EX500 vs. Senn CX95 vs. CX500 G4ME
Jul 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

winwin

100+ Head-Fier
I need new iems since im going to give my gogear to my bro and the stock iems that come with it. Which 1 would you guys suggest and why? BTW, I can get the cx95 for $60 new,the cx500 for $40 new and the ex500 $50 very slightly used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 15
well i can comment on the ex500 and the cx95

cx95 has a lot of treble in there, too much for me but everything else is quite good and balanced-ish. its a sennhiser so it has a lot of bass.

the sony is nice but very very warm, i fond it far too warm and it sends me to sleep. nice smooth bass and liquid warm soft mids. treble is very soft too.

so more a question of what sound your looking for, warm soft and gentle, or something sharper and brighter and more in your face. the cx95 has for a long time gotten a lot of love round for the money but id say neither are "better" than theother just different sounding.

oh and both have annoying as hell cables

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #6 of 15
more bass, hmm id say the ex500 maybe. certainly it feels more volumnous largly due to the lack of treble which is rather abundant in the cx95. the bass is softer and warmer in the ex500 and a little dryer in the cx95.

bass is good on both though but if push to shove is had to give the ex500 as having the "better" bass but thats more a matter of opinion than any striking difference in quality

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies. Any insights on cx500 g4me?

CX 500 G4ME is exactly the same as CX 500 just with the chrome look. They initially also tried to sell it for slightly more than the CX 500 which is rediculous.

Sound is good. The included accessories are great for the price. Very nice pouch, some rubber plastic thing to store your earpieces in, clip and plenty of different tips.

I really really like the volume control. It's very small and might be difficult for some big thumbs to control but I have no problem adjusting the volume.

Big minus for the cable, though. It transmits every collision with the cable into your ear which can be very annoying if you don't place the cable under your shirt or fix it with the clip. No use taking the CX 500 on the treadmill!

The only in-ear I can compare it to is the CX 400 which I had before and is inferior on all levels! I have ordered the Phonak Audéo today but I doubt you'll want to wait as long.
I haven't noticed any hiss after burn-in at all but it lacks transparency, imo. However, I'm no expert and I only listen to low volumes so you might check on some audiophile reviews. Personally, I'd say the Senns are slightly too low-tuned for my taste but sound great with enabled BBE by Cowon.

If you're interested, my CX 500 G4ME is still in perfect condition, complete with original packaging. I ripped my eardrum open shortly after my purchase and I haven't used an IEM since. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you some pics. However, you can get them very cheap now in new condition.

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by winwin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one do you mean is more inferior? The cx400 or cx500? But is the cx500 good for the price? By the way, I'm going to use this with a Nokia 5800.

The CX 500 is superior.
It's a really great choice if you don't want to do sports and consider that you can get it for € 30. It's even worth recommending for € 50, IMO.

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultrazino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The CX 500 is superior.
It's a really great choice if you don't want to do sports and consider that you can get it for € 30. It's even worth recommending for € 50, IMO.

Im leaning towards the sony ex500 right now,can you say anything about them?

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultrazino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The CX 500 is superior.

Im leaning towards the sony ex500 right now,can you say anything about them?

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 15
yeah i need to know about this as well.. i mean i listen to alot of rap/hiphop + rock. are the ex500 perfect for this? or is there anything that is better? i've got a £50 budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back