Sony EX-71 + UE Super.Fi gels = Epic Techno/Rap Bass
May 15, 2008 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snoodge

100+ Head-Fier
I know nobody will appreciate this observation because most of you guys take hi-fi too seriously to enjoy a good skull thumping, but the EX-71 IMO is the closest you can come, and in some cases better than full sized cans if you want to bump your head with bass for techno/rap. Just figured this combo of phones/gels out of my spare parts drawer and was like, holy crap this is a boatload of boomy bass.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoodge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know nobody will appreciate this observation because most of you guys take hi-fi too seriously to enjoy a good skull thumping, but the EX-71 IMO is the closest you can come, and in some cases better than full sized cans if you want to bump your head with bass for techno/rap. Just figured this combo of phones/gels out of my spare parts drawer and was like, holy crap this is a boatload of boomy bass.

smily_headphones1.gif

I really liked my ex71 before the plane output blew it up.
I liked it for its flaws! No other headphone has given me the same enjoyment.

Although my image sound really involving with EQ, so so good.
I wish I could A/B them.
frown.gif

May 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL I think you should get the Future Sonics Atrio to fulfill your bass needs.

If you read my other thread where I was complaining about the Super.FI having weak bass and then saw this thread and thought, this guy's taste sucks, since he's singing the praises of a pair of EX-71's, your wrong. I got a pair of Klipsch Custom-2's and couldnt be happier with the sound. Plus the EX-71 cannot really resolve any fine detail, I was just commenting on the enormous amount of seemingly deep bass they CAN provide with the right gel's if thats what your in the mood for.

May 16, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 5
x2 on the FS Atrio's, they create a deeeeep bass tone unlike any other IEM I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back