sony ericsson HPM-70 VS Sennheiser CX-300
Apr 19, 2007 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sa_ill

Head-Fier
Remember those earphones you get with the Sony Ericsson W800i phone? They are the HPM-70. They are in-ear phones and I have been listening on them since the last 2 years. I found them pretty decent.

I planning to upgrade.
How do they stack up against the Sennheiser CX-300. I hope they are not the same like the HPM-70.

I remember i upgraded to some Sony MDX earphones i dont remember the model number. They were priced double than the HPM-70 but they sounded exactly the same like the HPM-70.

I dont wanna waste cash buying the Sennheisers so I wanna know whether its actually worth.

Please help.

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 11
It is as simple as this: the cx300 will blow away your old phones. If you don't want the isolation or want more detail, I recommend the Yuin Pk2's, because I own both.

Edit: but whatever you do, both of the cans are much better than the generic ear buds that came with your phone.

Apr 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 11
the cx300 gives a darker presentation, most notably in the bass regions and overall, a more pleasant listen compared to the screechy highs of the hpm70 (basically a rehased sony ex71). So to recap, : RECOMMENDED.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 11
Ditto on both the cx300 and the pk2's. The cx300's are pretty good for inexpensive iem's (but the superfi pro's are a steal if you can get them for a hundred bucks as has been suggested on another thread) and the pk2's are absolutely amazing non-isolating earbuds. They got here a couple of days ago and they are magical.

Apr 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 11
Well I can't say exactly.
I had HPM-70s for about a year now.
I have got CX-300s as a gift.
In my view CX-300s have got a better presentation.
And they are more sensitive, so you need to decrease the vol
a bit as that of with Sony's.
To be precise they beat Sony in all sonic departments.
But if your usage is just with mobile, don't bother.
I would recommend CX-300s over Sony's.
Trust your ears before you jump to a conclusion.

May 18, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 11
I've got an SE K618 paired with HPM-70s. While my CX-300s sound much nicer, the stock HPM-70 buds are just the right length to use with the handsfree mic-jack... so I stick with the 70s because I primarily use my iPods for on-the-go listening. I think you'll like the CX-300s if your W800i is your main player.

May 18, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by iG012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and how about ep630??? is it better than hpm-70???

The EP-630 are essentially the same earphone as the CX300, just different brand/packaging/price... I think I've read some people thinking there was a difference, but I've also read that both are made in the same factory. So who knows.

The biggest factor is price, so whichever you can get cheaper should be the one you get.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The EP-630 are essentially the same earphone as the CX300, just different brand/packaging/price... I think I've read some people thinking there was a difference, but I've also read that both are made in the same factory. So who knows.

The biggest factor is price, so whichever you can get cheaper should be the one you get.
smily_headphones1.gif

hummm... thank u^^.. but what do you think of ksc-75s?? better than ep-630?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back