Sony Ericcson Walkman series better than ordinary Sony Ericsson phones?
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #16 of 24
Walkman and none-Walkman phones I believe differ only in software/music UI. That was what I was told. They do not contain any special dedicated soundchip (unlike Nokia's XpressMusic phones, and some rebranded XpressMusic like the new E75). That was years ago though so things may have changed since.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 24
SE walkman phones do not have dedicated audio chips, where as some high-end Nokia's and Samsungs do. The sound of a SE and say, an N96, don't even compare: the N96 just reproduces sound far better.

...further, there is only one high-end SE that has a 3.5mm jack built-in to the unit, where as all others require that crappy fastport adaptor - - the sound just gets killed through the fastport, IMO.

Mar 22, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #19 of 24
the idea of listening to music on mobile phone is conflicting.....its like taking a shower when your house is on fire.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the idea of listening to music on mobile phone is conflicting.....its like taking a shower when your house is on fire.

naa i think it definetly has its uses, my little going out mobile forms my going out rig. not taking ipod and expensive iems to shove in my pocket or break or loose and have to carry it all arround with me. phone might not be ideal for sound quality but it get practically points in situations where that is paramount

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Explain.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
naa i think it definetly has its uses, my little going out mobile forms my going out rig. not taking ipod and expensive iems to shove in my pocket or break or loose and have to carry it all arround with me. phone might not be ideal for sound quality but it get practically points in situations where that is paramount

While I will use my W810i for the radio or MP3 very rarely. It sounds ok, enough for non critical listening. The cable to use 3.5 headphones is way too long, and I often don't have it with me. Then if use the phone like this is destroys the battery life. Its actually more practically to have a separate MP3 player with me.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 24
oh when i say going out i mean going out drinking so only using for playing music while i travel into town and travelling home, battery life isnt an issue, and for cable length this is why i usually use my se110, modular cable give just the perfect length.

for normal out during the daytime i always have ipod, phone never gets used in normal situations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back