Sony Eggos
Jul 11, 2004 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

milamber

100+ Head-Fier
hey all.. i'm fairly new here and knowing y'alls big wealth of knowloedge and wisdom i was wondering what were your opinions on the sonny eggo D66s. I'm coming from px200s, portapros and EX71s. Thanks in advance
wayne*

Jul 11, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 5
well i have the eggos but ive never heard the phones you currently have. the eggos are good but i think most people's opinions here is they would be more of a sidestep in quality and not much of a real upgrade. you know, just like a different flavor not really a whole new level.

Jul 11, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I currently have portapro2 and previously owned the eggos. The truth is to me the highs of the eggos bothered me. They just seemed to bright especially with its lack of bass. That isn't to say that the bass isn't there but just that in comparison to the highs they really seem recessed. The portapros on the other hand are the opposite with more bass than highs. To my ears this is more pleasing to my high sensitive ears. In terms of sound quality they're pretty close. Of course, with the eggos you pay for the cool factor. Oh, and yeah the eggos had a much wider soundstage. But worth the money? That's a decision you have to make. I know there are plenty of happy eggo owners around here. I just couldn't get used to the brightness even with an amp.

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 5
thats strange cause i didnt find the eggos harsh ever. i agree with the bass thing though. if youre looking for crazy bass or even moderate amounts, youre not gunna get it with the eggos. theres definatly bass sounds and good ones at that but theres not really enough...impact. i dont really know how to explain it. its almost like listening to a home theater system with the subwoofer turned really low or off. you hear the low frequency sounds they just arent...
basshead.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Whenever I listen to the eggos I always notice that everything just sounds brighter. It's like the entire sound has been shifted a bit higher in frequency. This is why there is no deep bass and why it sounds too harsh in the highs IMO. I don't think these are a worthy upgrade to what you already have, its more of a sidestep like everyone else has said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back