Sony E10/D66...killer combo...
Mar 14, 2003 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Since I received the E10 a couple of weeks ago, I've been fooling around with my Sony D55s, A44s, and AT EM7s (each of which sounded decent). However, my D66s arrived today and I must confess that with flat settings on the E10, the new Sony's really sparkle. I'm in awe...

I think this is the portable sound I've been searching for over the years. The Sony's mids are very present and clean (not smeared like the D55s), and the top end is killer.

I was really skeptical about getting the D66 Eggos... even after all the hype I've read here. Let me just say that I'm a believer now.

tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 16
Yeah... its a great combo huh
biggrin.gif

I'm having a little jazz thing going on at the moment... and that is the realm of the E888s... but for everything else, by far and away the D66s kick butt when played out of the E10!

Its that Sony Synergy
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 16
damn, i don't need more reason to get these cans
tongue.gif
I've been lusting after a pair ever since i tried one on in a Japanese hi-fi shop and now that they're getting all these positive reviews...*must...avoid...temptation*

On the other hand i must say i'm quite in love with the combination of E10 and 4P, it just doesn't work so well for portable use, ah well i'll just have to stick to the Q55's for now.

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Punslayer
I've been lusting after a pair ever since i tried one on in a Japanese hi-fi shop and now that they're getting all these positive reviews...*must...avoid...temptation*

LOL...Pun,...admit it...you're doomed!

wink.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 8:47 AM Post #7 of 16
Just got my Eggos. Racer X very happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 16
Just curious, RickG, but...

How much $$$ did you pay for your MZ-E10? I hope you didn't pay the full $330 price plus tax and/or shipping, because that's how much SonyStyle USA will charge you for a US-market E10!
eek.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Just curious, RickG, but...

How much $$$ did you pay for your MZ-E10? I hope you didn't pay the full $330 price plus tax and/or shipping, because that's how much SonyStyle USA will charge you for a US-market E10!
eek.gif

$287.00 shipped.

Mar 15, 2003 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 16
Feel all this sony love
biggrin.gif

I must say though, its without doubt the best portable combo i've ever owned... better than the classic PCDPs and stuff
biggrin.gif

RacerX... do you have the E10 too?

Mar 17, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 16
Duncan,

I don't have an MD player, but based on all the hoo-ha around here I am considering it. My current portable players consist of: 128MB Nomad MuVo, 1996 Fisher PCDP (sounds "dark") and my trusty Dell Axim 5 PDA. With a 256 MB card in the Axim, I can carry over 4 hrs of music.

Is there any advantage to an MD player than say a HDD unit like the Zen or Ipod? How does MD compare to a CD unit like the SlimX 400?

I know I'm off topic a bit.

Thanks

Mar 17, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #14 of 16
Oh yes. Very much so. At 40 ohms of impedance they don't demand too much of a load from a portable.

Mar 17, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by RacerX
Is there any advantage to an MD player than say a HDD unit like the Zen or Ipod? How does MD compare to a CD unit like the SlimX 400?

I know I'm off topic a bit.

Thanks

I don't know about the SlimX, but MD compared to HDD... I don't really know about the sonics, but HDD units are normally associated with being very fragile...

Thats why i've gone down the MD route
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back