Sony E x Sony S SQ differences?
Jan 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

numtemnick

New Head-Fier
Regards,

My zune 30 gb serve me well for three years until yesterday, when he died... I'm already did a hard reset and reinstall everything but i think the problem is the HD. In his lifetime he survived a lot of trekking, and I think it has drawn his hard disk.

Well, condolences apart, I´m in the market for a new MP3 player

I use the portapro and want a flash HD player

Informed by this post I had reduced my options to Sony E 16 gb and Sony S 16 gb ( the Sansa Clip+ plus a micro sd 16 g b is almost the same price, so I prefer the long batt life from sony).

My question is, theres a significant SQ difference between this models?

I dont care about the alarm or built in speakers... Theres something I didin't saw to justify the price difference?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. - Sorry for my rusty english, long time just reading...
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 6
before i buy my S544 last sunday i also audition the E, but the sound of the S is more lively
w/o tweaking the EQ a/b comparison i do more like the S its more clean and clear. tweak
EQ a/b still i prefer the S. i do hear more detail sound and better clear bass on S.

i love my S544 and it is a very good upgrade coming from creative Zen.
and also the S544 drive my MS1i flawlessly.. sweet!

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by numtemnick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regards,
I had reduced my options to Sony E 16 gb and Sony S 16 gb ( the Sansa Clip+ plus a micro sd 16 g b is almost the same price, so I prefer the long batt life from sony).

My question is, theres a significant SQ difference between this models?

I just had the same problems with the same models
smily_headphones1.gif
And I've chosen E series, E340 to be exactly. On the ABI site there is a review of this dap and the author compared SQ of S and E. They absolutely the same as he told. That was my main reason.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks Head Fiers!

This is the nicest community I've ever found on the web.

My choice is made, I dont see reasons to spend more on S series... My wallet already suffered enough in 2009.

A great decade to us all!

Best Regards from Brazil

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 6
rather than just reading on peoples opinion, i do believe its more better to audition them
personally, have them in your hands, hear them A/B. then decide
smily_headphones1.gif
(if you have the chance)
for $10 diff. you got 42 hours battery life + speaker feature. if you dont like it then you save $10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back