Sony DAP question
May 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SoundsGood

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading some conflicting information regarding the Mac compatibility of the Sony NWZ-A720 and A820 series. Much of the info I have read has stated that it is MTP only, which would, as I understand it, not be compatible with Macs. However, I have also read that you are able to drag and drop on to the player without any software. And I thought I had also read that someone was using it on a Mac, but I could be making that up.

So, are they Mac compatible? Any Mac users out there using the Sony DAPs?

And, if the Sony is not compatible, any viable alternatives other than the iPod? I've read up on the Samsung P2, which is MTP, but I know there is a way to change it UMS if necessary. I've also looked at the Cowon D2, but I don't seem to be quite as enamored with that player.

I currently have a Cowon 30gb X5L. I'm looking to get a flash DAP for more portability and better movie capabilities (read: better screen resolution). I have both a PC and a Mac laptop (work), but I foresee in the future buying a new Mac laptop, so I would like a DAP that can be used in both platforms.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

May 8, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 2
my daughter uses the nwa808,when i connect it to my mac to put music on it for her i just drag and drop.

the sony software is not usable on mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back