Sony D777 User: How long will the gum stick batteries Sony NH-14WM last?
Apr 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rayq

Head-Fier
Hi, I have just bought two NH-14WM and a Sony BC-7DC2 dual charger to use with my D777. After having the batteries charged for overnight, they only lasted for around 2 CD's play time! Do the batteries only last that long? Or were they not getting fully charged? Thanks for any inputs.

Raymond

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 6
Wow, that's definitely not typical in my experiences. I could use my NH-14WM's for several days in my D777 before they needed to be recharged. I'd guess at least 12 hours worth of playtime. The player is rated for 10 hours on the original NH-9's, so I'd definitely expect somewhere around 12-14 hours for the NH-14's. Plus the headphone amp is very potent on that thing, I never listened to it past 4/10. Are you running it from the line-out, by the way?

My suggestion would be to let it run through a couple more cycles. I can't imagine why you'd be getting such poor battery life, except maybe the batteries need some breaking in or something? *shrugs*

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Looks like battery life is a good reason to buy the latest-gen PCDP.
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Those gumstick batteries are suposed to last much longer than just the playback of two cds. It has nothing to do with getting the latest gen PCDP for better battery life. I would second The_X recommendation of running the new batteries thru a few more charge and discharge cycles to see if there is any difference in the amount of playback time. If not, it could be possible that you got a defective gumstick even if it's new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back