Sony D2 a classic PCDP???
Jul 14, 2005 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kevin Sinnott

100+ Head-Fier
I just found and purchased a Sony D2. I own a D555 but I couldn't help but pick this one up. Anyone played with this one extensively?
Is it one of the classic pre-anti-skip/maximum battery life PCDPs?
There's a long thread in reviews the promises and update including this player but it's never been published.

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 10
Okay, here it goes:

D-2 = D-20
D-12 = D-22
D-12 = D-2 + Bass Boost (optional)

So they're all the same thing essentially, anyway, I love my D-12 a lot. It has a nice clear sound and good separation and soundstage.

Hehe, you already bought it though...surprising thing is that it's less skip-prone than my newer ones with their ESP turned off!

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 10
I have one. Try not to stress the headphone and line outs when you use it. They are mounted in a funny way, in small boards perpendicular to the main one, so they can loose contact with the main board. It sounds very nice, not as bass heavy as my defunct D-33, but it's very good and sound really loud.

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 10
I've got a D-2 and while the players got quite a lot of juice, the sound isn't as refined as some of the more sought after players. If you just need it to go loud, then this is your player. It's not a bad player but not near the cream of the crop.

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 10
Is the 915 the best sounding one you've found so far?
I have it too and just wondering.
Some say iriver imp350 is pretty good too.
What say you?

Thanks,

James

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonglee
Is the 915 the best sounding one you've found so far?
I have it too and just wondering.
Some say iriver imp350 is pretty good too.
What say you?

Thanks,

James

The EJ line imho isn't anything to write home about... going from the E905 to the EJ925 was a joke (although, having not personally heard an EJ915, it could surprise me, yet no-one seems to jump to its defence)...

Kevin,

I am going to dust down that review, and take out bits which no longer apply I think, it is not ever going to get anymore updates as for me, the inclination is no longer there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back