Sony D-EJ2000 Reviews
Nov 13, 2002 at 12:03 PM Post #16 of 52
thanx for the impressions so far, looks like another crap sony pcdp
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by linnem
I might have to retract the testicle bit...(not sure yet)

what makes you doubt the material now?

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 52
Wouldnt call it crap, but if you are a D25 person dont go there.

It matches my new AT's like chocolatesauce matches vanilla icecreame.

As for the material...the back seems to be the same temp. as the front, usually a good indicator (it is cold in Norway!). Not sure yet...

The AA-holder keeps amazing me...

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 52
The carrying pouch is a pice of cloth with a string : (

Have tried the line-out with my corda and EM7 but to short to say anything & the phones were just out of the box...

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:32 PM Post #20 of 52
As for the AA-holder...think of the perfect holder, well thought out and executed in every way...

The one that comes with the 2000 is the exact opposit.

EDIT: if you buy the black, the remote is still silver...buy the silver and the aa-holder is still black.

EDIT: When I bought it from audiocubes the page said 100-240 V transformer included. That was a mistake, it comes with a jap. domestic 100 V, but Kohn, that nice guy from audiocubes will send me a converter for free. The mistake has been fixed at the site now. Thanks Kohn, your are a sweetheart!

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

You can use ALL your headphones on the new remote (plug goes in at top).

in the old one, that's where the stop button was located right? where did sony put it now?

Nov 14, 2002 at 10:51 AM Post #23 of 52
AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¤¤#%&%¤%&%

IT STOPPED WORKING yesterday......................¤%&#"!

Suddenly it just died in my hands, saying battery low and making a strange clicking noise (click click click click click.........(pause)......click click click click........(pause)..........click click you get the picture).

I changed the battery several times, looked for dust on the lens, but it just kept saying LOWBATT or NODISC and making noises. The player does not spin the disc. Can't try it on AC-adapter as it has not arrived yet.

God damn &%¤#"?!!#¤

Nov 14, 2002 at 10:58 AM Post #24 of 52
Linnem,
I'm sorry to hear that your EJ-2000 is not working. Is it still under warranty? Maybe, you need to return the unit for good...and just get your money back. Shame on Sony!

Purk

Nov 14, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #25 of 52
It only lived for 6 hours.

Normally I would open it op and try to work it out by chance, but I only had i for 1 day so I'll probably wait for the AC-adapter to arrive and try to charge the battery. If it still does not work it will travel back to Japan in disgrace.

YOU HAVE FAILED TO SERVE YOUR MASTER!

sob...sob..

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by linnem
AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¤¤#%&%¤%&%

IT STOPPED WORKING yesterday......................¤%&#"!

Suddenly it just died in my hands, saying battery low and making a strange clicking noise (click click click click click.........(pause)......click click click click........(pause)..........click click you get the picture).

I changed the battery several times, looked for dust on the lens, but it just kept saying LOWBATT or NODISC and making noises. The player does not spin the disc. Can't try it on AC-adapter as it has not arrived yet.

God damn &%¤#"?!!#¤

my sony de885 does that exact same thing!!!

i'll have to open up, move the lens physically then itd be fine.
i suggest you return it back, pronto!

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:10 PM Post #27 of 52
ggrrrrrrrrr......I really wanted this to work. It is sooo stylish, sooo sweet. And it is going to cost me a #"%¤&¤ to return it.

What on earth am I going to do now?
frown.gif

Maybe I'll have to jump on the new pana that TINA disliked so much...

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #28 of 52
frown.gif
. linnem, sorry for your new unit. seems like sony these days have lots of defects in their units. i've read tons of em from mz-n1 owners. that's so sad.

like purk and toaster suggested, it's best to return it.

and if you're really in need of a new toy, instead of getting the pana ct800, i suggest you go for the new slim-x imp-400. you won't regret it.

once again, my condolences.

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:31 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Tina

like purk and toaster suggested, it's best to return it.

if only i got a CD every time someone named me toaster instead of taoster.

but that's quite alrite
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back