sony D-EJ1000 IN U.S.A. ?
Feb 6, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #17 of 24
three problems:
1.the diode laser may knock the disc when the discman shake.sometimes weak quality disc also be knocked.

2.the cover of battery sometimes ****,so it also hit the disc.
3.when the discman works,it emit big noise.
of course not all the ej1000 have this problem.but in china,many people
met it.in my opinion,this discman which sell for janpanese is batter than for chinese in quality.so if you buy the discman in janpanese may not met these problem.
sorry,i'not good at english,so i hope you can understand what i say.

Feb 7, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 24
Well, I have none of those problems with mine, and looking at the build quality, I doubt I will have any of those problems unless I am throwing it around like a frisbee or drop it on the ground, in which case I don't expect it to go without harm (although my Sony 915 survived a 4 ft drop to concrete and still plays perfectly).

-Keith

Feb 7, 2002 at 12:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Is it fair to say that head-fi.org is english elitist? Probably not, but just from looking through the site today, there's been some supercilious talking-down-tos to people who can't write english all that well.

I mean, I know I'm probably opening a can of backfiring worms here, but man, the angst! It's like treat the guests/new members of the family well alright? You have that in every culture right?

So what if their posts may inadvertently insult you/your equipment... you guys always seem to carry yourself well. Brilliant conversations about the freakin poetry of audiophilism were/are springing up left and right, even freakin poems themselves. (love them)

I know that alot of the new posts are by english-as-a-second language users, so it may seem like your replies, while intending to 'get to the point', are wearing thin on patience.
But buck up okay? Don't quote back their 'broken' english or get mad at an inadvertent insult.

Okay you can flame me now.

Feb 7, 2002 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 24
¹þ¹þ¹þ¹þ~~~~

Nope. But I can copy and paste. And hey who are you calling a ¹þ¹þ¹þ¹þ~~~~ anyway?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by PianoBlack
Is it fair to say that head-fi.org is english elitist? Probably not, but just from looking through the site today, there's been some supercilious talking-down-tos to people who can't write english all that well.

I mean, I know I'm probably opening a can of backfiring worms here, but man, the angst! It's like treat the guests/new members of the family well alright? You have that in every culture right?

So what if their posts may inadvertently insult you/your equipment... you guys always seem to carry yourself well. Brilliant conversations about the freakin poetry of audiophilism were/are springing up left and right, even freakin poems themselves. (love them)

I know that alot of the new posts are by english-as-a-second language users, so it may seem like your replies, while intending to 'get to the point', are wearing thin on patience.
But buck up okay? Don't quote back their 'broken' english or get mad at an inadvertent insult.

Okay you can flame me now.

I tried to temper my posts on this thread with tolerance and patience. I am sure your post was directed towards me, but I just tried to reply back to the responses as clearly as I could, while not understanding half of the intention of the posts (I didn't want to read anything into them), and I asked for clarification where it was needed by quoting back direct comments, not twisting them into some "english-elitist" condescending talk that you are accusing me of. If I hurt anyone's feelings I apologize, that was not the intention.

Have a nice day
tongue.gif

BTW, would it be elitist and insulting to ask our new friends to use the search feature?
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 1:23 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

I tried to temper my posts on this thread with tolerance and patience.

Yes, I read and reread your posts and noticed the great effort.
tongue.gif

But seriously, I'm sorry for yanking that apology out of you. Honestly, I didn't mean for you to self-abusedly apologize... it was just supposed to be one of those posts people read, laugh at derisively and then move on.

So I thank you for your considerate and intense effort to apologize. I also enjoyed the breathless runon that illustrated your concern
biggrin.gif

Quote:

BTW, would it be elitist and insulting to ask our new friends to use the search feature?

Heh. It's insulting to us if they don't use it after we (ie. you) tell them. But nah, I wouldn't call asking people to search elitist. It seems these days that it's a required initiation of headfi.org

Urm, but why do they need the search feature if they post comments on NATIONALLY
wink.gif
faulty discmans. In fact I find most of their posts fascinatingly unique in terms of beliefs and new experiences (ie. the ct790 and that funky stereo thing that CAME FROM OUTER SPACE).

I do wish I could read Chinese since my parents are both Chinese. But all I have the birthright to, it seems, is to be hyper-sensitive to language barriers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back