Sony D-311 Stutter Effect???
Dec 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

petrini_bigsmart

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I just got a D-311 on e-bay in good cosmetic condition but it does not work properly:frowning2:
It makes a "Stutter" effect saying "Wanna be" like "Wh wh wh na na na na be be be be be" .
Every 20 sconds this goes away for 3 seconds and than comes back
Knows anyone something about what can be done?
Greetings, Lucian.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 4
The laser tracking, focus, or gain might need adjustment.  On many older Sony portable CD players, there are adjustable trim pots on the circuit boards.  Gaining access to them requires some disassembly of the player.  A few years ago, I fixed about a dozen different Sony portable CD players of mine by making these various adjustments.  None of them were a D-311, though.  So I can't say for sure if it has the trim pots I am familiar with.

Dec 30, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The laser tracking, focus, or gain might need adjustment.  On many older Sony portable CD players, there are adjustable trim pots on the circuit boards.  Gaining access to them requires some disassembly of the player.  A few years ago, I fixed about a dozen different Sony portable CD players of mine by making these various adjustments.  None of them were a D-311, though.  So I can't say for sure if it has the trim pots I am familiar with.

Thanks for reply!
Can I find the scheme of this pots ? What every one does?

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for reply!
Can I find the scheme of this pots ? What every one does?

You're welcome.  It has been a few years since I have done any repairing of these, so I have pretty much forgotten anything that would be of any help to you.  I do remember visiting this extensive thread to find some helpful info:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/29323/the-diy-discman-repair-thread 

There are about a zillion pages to look through, though.  And if there are any links in the posts, they may be long dead by now.  Sorry I can't be more help.  Maybe someone else will come along that can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back