Sony Connect Users...
Oct 18, 2005 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mrfaize

Head-Fier
Anyone using the Sony Connect Music Store? Having read the website the DRM sucks. Some tracks you can only upload to your DAP a fixed number of times.

I have a Sony NW-E99 1GB player and 5 uploads doesn't last very long. You can burn to audio CD apparently.

Questions - if you burn to audio CD does the DRM stop your ripping it back to ATRAC3 / MP3? Can you burn to audio CD on a non Sony PC (e.g. non Vaio)

Oct 18, 2005 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Somehow I believe that having 5 uploads means that you can have your track on five devices at a time. I.e. when you delete the track from a device, you get one uploading right back. This is how I perceive it though I could be wrong.

If you burn a track, you can rip it as many times as you want because there is no drm on audio cd's.

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Latexxx - it's not like the Apple iTunes where you can have a certain number of devices. I contacted Sony Connect and what I said is correct. I couldn't believe it so I had to check.

LFC_SL - Thanks for confirming this. I have United Airlines points which will never get me anywhere near a free flight or an upgrade. I can trade in for 30 albums or 300 tracks! You didn't use a Sony PC when burning to CD did you? I think I'll try a couple of tracks first to be sure.

Connect is a rip off otherwise - 5 uploads I ask you!!!!

Oct 19, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Connect is a worthless piece of dung, I couldn't even burn several tracks I had purchased because of rights. Honestly, I have had it with Sony in general as far anything to do with digital audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back