Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Aug 24, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #2,251 of 2,541
crinacle made a mistake in 2019

MH750 = MH755

Both share a carbon copy /exact same drivers, the division was caused by manufactured year variations.

Myth-Busting Facts :

1. MH750/755 shares the same drivers
2. Only differences are the thin short or longer thicker cable with Mic variants
3. 2 different H/W variants verified through the years

2013/14 - Side Vent Drivers
2015-2020 - Newer Centre Vent Drivers

Both versions can be identified as genuine with Sony's trademarked 2 x Solder Dots

An Extremely rare side vent MH750 mfg 2014 taken from a Sony Xperia Z3-- Yes Side Vent Drivers are not exclusive to only the short cabled MH755..as Sony uses the same exact drivers with the MH750 too
Thanks, so center vent is the bassier version? Any other differences in sound?

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #2,254 of 2,541
Go for SBH24 you will get a combo with MH755 for $25. Sureshot way of getting a genuine MH755.

Or one eBay seller still has genuine MH750. I bought from them and mine are genuine. And there's one guy who also sells modded MH750 and MH1. I bought MH1 from him and they're nice as well. Overall better quality and SQ than MH750.
It would be helpful if you could name the eBay sellers who have the real thing, since there are lots of fakes there too. I got mine from a seller named Spassear, who turns up now and then, but would be good to have a current (or recent) reliable source.

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #2,255 of 2,541
I've probably asked this before but does the MH1 remove some of the veil the mh750 has in the upper frequencies?
Haven't noticed any veil myself, only that MH750 is too V-shaped for me, MH1 sounds much more natural and balanced. In very low, sleep time volumes I sometimes prefer that V sound though... MH750 also stays more secure on my ears. MH1 with the MH750 tips also stays a bit more secured in there. The thinner MH1 tips are easier to slide out.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #2,256 of 2,541
It would be helpful if you could name the eBay sellers who have the real thing, since there are lots of fakes there too. I got mine from a seller named Spassear, who turns up now and then, but would be good to have a current (or recent) reliable source.
"mh755seller" has got the real things so far. I have two pairs of MH1 and an MH750. Thinking of getting one more MH1 if I don't find a similarly small sized and equally capable DD.

Aug 25, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #2,257 of 2,541
Actually now that there are so many fake MH755/750s going around, and very few legit sets in the wild, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack to get a legit set. I dunno if it might be wiser (and not take a risk on the pocket) with just paying a little bit more to get some other cheap harmanish single DD types eg Tanchjim Tanya, BLON BL-03.

If one buys a few sets due to the initial purchases being fake, the costs do add up.

The MH755 is also limited by a very microphonic short J shaped cable. Most folks need to recable/MMCX mod or get an extension cable, which adds to costs.

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #2,259 of 2,541
I've probably asked this before but does the MH1 remove some of the veil the mh750 has in the upper frequencies?
Na not really. Difference is in mids and bass provided you get a good seal. Treble is more or less the same. If one has mh750 than I don't see a need to get MH1 as incremental upgrade is minimal.

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #2,260 of 2,541
I got mine from rwtf3024 eBay seller. And the MH1 I got from a fellow Head-fier who is known as mh755seller on eBay.

Both are genuine as I have got orignal pieces.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #2,261 of 2,541
I just received the SBH24 stereo bluetooth headset which I believe includes the mh750 earphones. They have the J style cable and look exactly like them. The Bluetooth device works well and sounds surprisingly good. I'm using them with a BTR3K for now which looks similar to the BT device I bought 10 years ago that came with them though that had a tiny screen and touch volume control that drove me nuts. I ordered new off Amazon and all seems legit. If it is fake I am very impressed. This type of cable is ideal for if you clip a BT DAC/amp to a collar or shirt pocket.

I'm posting this in case someone would like to get some but would prefer to just buy new on Amazon rather than find sellers on eBay.

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #2,262 of 2,541
Na not really. Difference is in mids and bass provided you get a good seal. Treble is more or less the same. If one has mh750 than I don't see a need to get MH1 as incremental upgrade is minimal.
Hi friend, you really think there isn't much upgrade from MH750 to MH1?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #2,263 of 2,541
Hi friend, you really think there isn't much upgrade from MH750 to MH1?
The stock MH1 cable is super uncomfortable that leads to a poor fit for most users. I find that if one has MH750 then they can skip MH1 unless they really want that 15-20% uptick in sound. It is in essence still the same sound signature but difference in bass presentation.

And the modded MH1 available on ebay is damn costly. At that price, one can get many better IEMs nowadays with a similar tuning.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #2,264 of 2,541
The stock MH1 cable is super uncomfortable that leads to a poor fit for most users. I find that if one has MH750 then they can skip MH1 unless they really want that 15-20% uptick in sound. It is in essence still the same sound signature but difference in bass presentation.

And the modded MH1 available on ebay is damn costly. At that price, one can get many better IEMs nowadays with a similar tuning.
Right, I agree on that 15-20% assessment and the cable although I haven't tried stock myself, I have read quite a few takes on it... 😋 I have to say that the sound signature is quite different. If you like a v-sound it's ok but I think MH1 is quite more balanced and sounds more natural to my ears. I am looking into the Mele these days and I might get one cause they say it's a big step up in clarity and detail. And I can't make my mind about that Etymotic er2xr... I wonder how it compares to the MH1. I like small iems for comfort.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #2,265 of 2,541
Right, I agree on that 15-20% assessment and the cable although I haven't tried stock myself, I have read quite a few takes on it... 😋 I have to say that the sound signature is quite different. If you like a v-sound it's ok but I think MH1 is quite more balanced and sounds more natural to my ears. I am looking into the Mele these days and I might get one cause they say it's a big step up in clarity and detail. And I can't make my mind about that Etymotic er2xr... I wonder how it compares to the MH1. I like small iems for comfort.
I think Mele might be slightly better in terms of presentation and build quality but there are many DD IEM that are better than MH1 like KZ DQ6, Smabat NCO, Tin T2 Plus etc. All of them are very much in the same space. Cheaper, easier to get, and better build quality.

I'm glad you like them even I love them but for all practical purposes, it is difficult to recommend anyone a MH1 these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back