Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #1,756 of 2,541
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,757 of 2,541
I can definitely agree with you on the MH1 being more natural, though I use them with pretty deep insertion so I kinda treat them like Ety's using the pre-included small tips. On a song like Soul Education by Jamiroquai, my MH755 does sound more defined in the treble region than my MH1, and on other songs, the sub-bass does feel stronger on the MH755, but I do feel like the MH1 sounds a lot more natural when it comes to it's tonality (keep in mind all my MH755's are the 2013 pairs).

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #1,758 of 2,541
I can definitely agree with you on the MH1 being more natural, though I use them with pretty deep insertion so I kinda treat them like Ety's using the pre-included small tips. On a song like Soul Education by Jamiroquai, my MH755 does sound more defined in the treble region than my MH1, and on other songs, the sub-bass does feel stronger on the MH755, but I do feel like the MH1 sounds a lot more natural when it comes to it's tonality (keep in mind all my MH755's are the 2013 pairs).
Another thing I want to add onto this, both the MH1-BL (LiveSound model from that ebay listing) and MH1-C both are documented as having some QC gremlins and sounding different from eachother (mainly the MH1-C being a bit bass boosted but I think you guys already know that). Either way, hopefully I'll be able to post a pair of 2-pin modded and sealed MH1-BL's in the coming weeks and see how those compare to the stock ones :).

Nov 23, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #1,760 of 2,541
Another thing I want to add onto this, both the MH1-BL (LiveSound model from that ebay listing) and MH1-C both are documented as having some QC gremlins and sounding different from eachother (mainly the MH1-C being a bit bass boosted but I think you guys already know that). Either way, hopefully I'll be able to post a pair of 2-pin modded and sealed MH1-BL's in the coming weeks and see how those compare to the stock ones :).
Totally agree with you on the QC gremlins..and the sensational micro details & separations that come with it, another earphone that suffer that too is the underrated Monoprice 9927 / 8320

Similar to the MH1/C, Monoprice different batches, varying QC might have given them unfair mixed reviews..just glad that I got the heavenly batches that sound awesome :)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,761 of 2,541
The MH1-bl and MH1c definitely sounds a bit more detailed than the MH750 and MH755 in the 3-12kHz range.
And this difference is not due to the difference in frequency response, foam damper, mesh at the sound tube, other case materials, but because a slightly higher quality and different DD driver is used.

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #1,762 of 2,541
Hi guys i´m thinking about buy a MH750s, well inicialy i just want to buy a OK pair of sony IEMs, my first option was the MDR EX15AP (but their cable look too fragile),
So looking in a local store I found these MH750, then looking for their reviews on the internet I found out that they have a huge fake market behind, so, what do you think of these seeing them in these photos, they claim that are extracted from Sony products, sadly I can't read the numbers in the tags, but in the blanks you can see that the one that is open has a different label than the one in the bag (the separation in the ´´made in china´´, although as I have seen there are originals that do bring that separation

any recommendations, I take a risk with the whites, they sell it for 11$, Thanks in advance guys, i really want a good IEMs, I come from a xiaomi piston basic and a panasonic ergofit

124193947_2026139057685665_2101549943937838493_n.jpg
124202021_2026138997685671_4279846266568086178_n.jpg

BTW, they also have this ones, are they good for 12$?, and there is a risk that this model is a fake?

123833493_2026139087685662_8974373597888510701_n.jpg

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #1,763 of 2,541
So looking in a local store I found these MH750, then looking for their reviews on the internet I found out that they have a huge fake market behind

No way to tell for sure from photos. The only way is to buy one, crack it open, and check for solder dots. Though I can deduce, based on your statement that these come from a local store, that they are more likely than not to be fake. Yes, all of them. Fakes of these are running rampant all up and down AliExpress, which is probably where your local store sources these anyway for 3 USD per piece. The known good sources are those that have been cited in these thread, a second-hand Xperia phone, or a new old stock sealed-box SBH-series Bluetooth receiver such as the SBH24.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #1,764 of 2,541
Hi, I’ve seen some of you guys use KZ replacement cable, snip the connectors on the buds side, and soldered them. My question is, did the cable retain its “over ear” shape after the plastic sleeving is removed? I want to wear them straight down. I’m thinking to use my “over ear” type C KZ cable. Thank you.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,765 of 2,541
No way to tell for sure from photos. The only way is to buy one, crack it open, and check for solder dots. Though I can deduce, based on your statement that these come from a local store, that they are more likely than not to be fake. Yes, all of them. Fakes of these are running rampant all up and down AliExpress, which is probably where your local store sources these anyway for 3 USD per piece. The known good sources are those that have been cited in these thread, a second-hand Xperia phone, or a new old stock sealed-box SBH-series Bluetooth receiver such as the SBH24.

Thanks and I know they probably don't know if the ones they're selling are genuine or not
Do you know if the MH750s that Kanoya (ebay) sells are genuine, it´s confiable?

edit: Has anyone bought a pair of mh750 from Kanoya (ebay) in the last few months?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,766 of 2,541
Hi all, modding newbie here.

Anyone have any tips for removing MH755 drivers from their shells without causing major damage?

I've done the MMCX mod on four pairs of these IEMs (three white pairs and one black) and I've noticed that two individual drivers have noticeably stronger bass responses than the other six. The really annoying thing is that the two extra-bassy drivers are in differently coloured shells.

I want to do a transplant between a bassy-driver-in-white-shell with a normal-driver-in-black-shell so that both the black shells have the bassy drivers.

Edit: I popped open the white bassy one to inspect the driver and one of the wires came off the MMCX connector. I resoldered it on and now the bass boost is gone 🤔

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #1,767 of 2,541
Hi, I’ve seen some of you guys use KZ replacement cable, snip the connectors on the buds side, and soldered them. My question is, did the cable retain its “over ear” shape after the plastic sleeving is removed? I want to wear them straight down. I’m thinking to use my “over ear” type C KZ cable. Thank you.

Just cut the kz cable below the molded ear hook, they are very long from the split so it will work fine.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #1,768 of 2,541

Anyone have any tips for removing MH755 drivers from their shells without causing major damage?

I've done the MMCX mod on four pairs of these IEMs (three white pairs and one black) and I've noticed that two individual drivers have noticeably stronger bass responses than the other six. The really annoying thing is that the two extra-bassy drivers are in differently coloured shells.

I want to do a transplant between a bassy-driver-in-white-shell with a normal-driver-in-black-shell so that both the black shells have the bassy drivers.

Edit: I popped open the white bassy one to inspect the driver and one of the wires came off the MMCX connector. I resoldered it on and now the bass boost is gone 🤔

I used a small pair of needle nose pliers. They are held on with some double sided adhesive foam.

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #1,770 of 2,541

Did some digging in this thread and found the bass-reducing mod where you cover the internal vent hole and it pretty much did the trick. No driver transplant surgery needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back