Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 4, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,681 of 2,544
Thanks, @belalangtempur for sharing and confirming that the MH750 & MH755 are one and the same drivers :)

@kittymilky your the 3rd person who has asked me the same question in this thread, to answer your questions, I have copied and pasted the same answer I have said months ago, and this thread has a multitude of physical evidence contributed by our community to dispel this Myth created on the internet, most likely due to a lack of info, or a non-detailed comparison, as the shells were not popped opened to see the differences in MH750/755 h/w variants :)

That's more a side vent vs center vent drivers comparison
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/post-15890574

Not possible for them to do an apple to apple comparison then.

They are only different due to the 2 hardware variants from different Era/Year of manufacture,

Authentic MH750 (Newer Center Vent Drivers ) were only released unbundled by China traders from Old Xperia Phones, and the 2013 MH755 was already available earlier 2018/9 in the wild on AE, thus there was no way to compare with side vent driver version of the 2013/14 MH750s as they were not available unbundled and came only with the Sony Xperia Phones back then.

And @dc90 is the only proud owner we know who owns not 1 but 2 extremely rare 2014 Side Vent drivers MH750 in White & Black, which came with his Xperia Phones, in this thread, see a few pages back for the photos proof :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/post-15670958

Sony's plan, coming out with a new improved all-rounded, slightly bassier & balanced center vent driver for their MH series was wrecked, ironically due to the unplanned re-release on Aliexpress in 2018/19 of their older iterations mfg 2013 side vent versions. Don't know what the fuss is about, can't really tell the diff. unless A/B and also prefer the newer version as its less fatiguing and awesome for long commute

Thus @crinacle should seriously relook it again (Pop open both MH755 & MH750 shells to show the driver types) and release the truth by doing an actual present-day, apple to apple updated comparison so as to dispel this fan-based myth on the internet that MH755 is better than MH750 or the center vent drivers and the 3.5mm straight audio jacks versions are counterfeits.

And coming back to the true Holy Grail unit , would be from our mate @ShaneyMac with his super rare MH750 Type: CCA 0004018, Mfg 2012 side vent drivers: 12w15 with the Sony Ericsson logo ( The true winner is MH750 Lol :L3000: and here's the Physical proof)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/post-15726193
This is all very interesting, I think you're probably right about the center vent drivers being more on the right side of history, it seems like the Harman Curve adjusts it's frequencies to be more bass oriented gradually over time, I assume that as more people become aware of the different variants of center/side vent drivers (and the fact that they are the same) they will probably realize that the center vent drivers are better overall.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #1,683 of 2,544
I have my doubts about the authenticity of the MH1C he is selling.

He posted a closeup of the tag, and it has the dreaded “Made in <space> <space> <space> China” that is one of the telltale signs of the fake MH755 and MH750s.

He may be selling genuine MH750s, but I’d personally advise anyone to avoid those MH1C.

So the MH750s i mentioned in the other thread arrived today. I actually got two pairs for about $13usd which i'm pretty happy with. The seller assured me they came with devices.. i forgot to ask if they were Sony devices but there you go.

Anyway one pair is AG-0500 and one is AG-0501. Both sets were made in 2017 by the tags, which both have CE on them and the water marks. The printing on the tags differ in size and font weight slightly.

The AG-0500 have the "made in space space china" on the tag, and the white mesh smaller center circle. The Drivers have two solder dots and what look like center vents. No numbers on the shells but they have an N in a circle on the back of the inside.

The AG-0501's have the full black mesh, two solder dots, numbers on the inside the shells and strain relief and no spaces on the tag.

They both have J cables that split at the mic (BTW I like J cables and have done since i was a kid, come at me :p) they both sound more or less the same (the suspect 501's might have slightly more and looser bass but its really hard to tell) and they sound pretty good, close to the sound descriptions I've read. Looking at the vents it looks like they might differ in shape slightly.

That said I think they're both most likely genuine, every thing feels the same and the sounds are good and very close to each other. Has anyone every confirmed with Sony how to spot real ones?

Seems like spotting fakes in a moving target. I've probably spent close to three hours today doing research on the subject, stuff people were saying from a few years back (white mesh, lose shells) made me doubt if the AG-0500's were real.

I did notice the silicone tips on the 0501's were a thinner material than the 0500's. Don't know if that means anything. The 500's also have a cable that's shorter by about 3mm.

Attachments

• AG-0500.jpg
    AG-0500.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AG-0500 - 1.jpg
    AG-0500 - 1.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AG-0501 -1.jpg
    AG-0501 -1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AG-0501.jpg
    AG-0501.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #1,684 of 2,544
Took a listen to my last set of genuine MH755 (MMCX modded of course). These are the basshead version lol. Just manufacturing differences, because they sound good but got that sub-bass.

Like this:
graph (13) (1).png

Also getting more fake white drivers. Got a pair off ebay recently that arrived today. Tag, date and S/N all matched. Label on the bag and the bag itself is slightly different.

IMG_20200713_142720.jpg
IMG_20200713_212146.jpg

How does one check the tag date and serial number match?

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,685 of 2,544
So the MH750s i mentioned in the other thread arrived today. I actually got two pairs for about $13usd which i'm pretty happy with. The seller assured me they came with devices.. i forgot to ask if they were Sony devices but there you go.

Anyway one pair is AG-0500 and one is AG-0501. Both sets were made in 2017 by the tags, which both have CE on them and the water marks. The printing on the tags differ in size and font weight slightly.

The AG-0500 have the "made in space space china" on the tag, and the white mesh smaller center circle. The Drivers have two solder dots and what look like center vents. No numbers on the shells but they have an N in a circle on the back of the inside.

The AG-0501's have the full black mesh, two solder dots, numbers on the inside the shells and strain relief and no spaces on the tag.

They both have J cables that split at the mic (BTW I like J cables and have done since i was a kid, come at me :p) they both sound more or less the same (the suspect 501's might have slightly more and looser bass but its really hard to tell) and they sound pretty good, close to the sound descriptions I've read. Looking at the vents it looks like they might differ in shape slightly.

That said I think they're both most likely genuine, every thing feels the same and the sounds are good and very close to each other. Has anyone every confirmed with Sony how to spot real ones?

Seems like spotting fakes in a moving target. I've probably spent close to three hours today doing research on the subject, stuff people were saying from a few years back (white mesh, lose shells) made me doubt if the AG-0500's were real.

I did notice the silicone tips on the 0501's were a thinner material than the 0500's. Don't know if that means anything. The 500's also have a cable that's shorter by about 3mm.
@Fat Larry Congrats..from your images, Sony's trademarked 2 x solder dots confers with Authenticity..now that you did a listen, mate that seals it, just magical.right ?.esp so if it's your first taste :)

Also don't bother with the misprint or shoddy packaging, sometimes the factory does a reconstruct or they are B-Stocks or over-runs spares, so they sort of make up the whole by extra printing of materials, not a big issue, most important is the distinctive harman sound signature and the Oooo so lovely Sony's superb bass, via their special air venting tech inclusive :)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,686 of 2,544
So just to clear it up for myself and others, it seems like MH750's are most likely to be genuine correct?

Nope, a blanket statement like that cannot be made.

There’s loads and loads and loads of counterfeits of ALL the Sonys - MH755, MH750, MH1C, etc

The only way to know for sure is to open it up and look.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #1,690 of 2,544
I'm guessing there are no more reputable sellers left and it's all just a gamble on AliE and Ebay?
No gamble..just a waste of time and effort..as most claims of counterfeits are replied reasonably with a full refund,

Almost all online platforms have a solid refund policy so no worries, also as a guide calling out the fakers also helps to improve and safeguard the consumers, as most likely after repeated complaints against them the seller would be ban too, so as to prevent their continued scamming :)

A tip is to verify, check the reviews, photo images and feedback of past purchases from others, ask the seller for proof, with that, then only, proceed with the order

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #1,691 of 2,544
@Fat Larry Congrats..from your images, Sony's trademarked 2 x solder dots confers with Authenticity..now that you did a listen, mate that seals it, just magical.right ?.esp so if it's your first taste :)

Also don't bother with the misprint or shoddy packaging, sometimes the factory does a reconstruct or they are B-Stocks or over-runs spares, so they sort of make up the whole by extra printing of materials, not a big issue, most important is the distinctive harman sound signature and the Oooo so lovely Sony's superb bass, via their special air venting tech inclusive :)

They are rather nice, love the bass. With small tips they also fit inside my ears which is great for cutting down wind noise when out and about.

Anyone know where i could find Blon's longer cone shaped tips for sale separately? They'd be great for these.

Nov 9, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,693 of 2,544
Got these from a german seller on ebay, legit or not? The serial numbers match, however these sound meh...they are the MH750s

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_122246_1.jpg
    IMG_20201109_122246_1.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201109_122255_1.jpg
    IMG_20201109_122255_1.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back