Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Feb 21, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #1,096 of 2,543
Well then only other possibilities are that u got a fake (which the Sony Mh755 is famous for, especially the black coloured ones),

They look legit from what I can tell. There is the padding on the driver, acoustic foam inside the nozzle, and everything.
Maybe I just got "unlucky" since this was the last stock when I ordered it.

ewv89nN.jpg
LCbgreO.jpg

pLTA3q9.jpg

or it may be wired out of phase.

I hope.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,098 of 2,543
I doubt it. I've tried everything, but it just doesn't sound right.

Edit: The seller actually blocked me after giving 1-star review.

If you're in Malaysia please avoid dealing with this seller.
https://shopee.com.my/mickeyo2/2031871926

Hi there, as i know the bassy one is MH750 instead MH755. I bought many type iems from her few years ago include the mh750 and mh755, the sound is different between two version and its more clear (in my ear) after burning. Anyway where do you live?

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #1,099 of 2,543
Hi there, as i know the bassy one is MH750 instead MH755. I bought many type iems from her few years ago include the mh750 and mh755, the sound is different between two version and its more clear (in my ear) after burning. Anyway where do you live?

Kelantan. Do you still have your mh755 right now?

I can hardly tell the difference between mid-bass and sub-bass.
For example, the different sound kick drum and bass line produce.

Idk, Maybe I'm expecting too much of this little guy.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #1,100 of 2,543

The difference between a genuine MH755 and a genuine MH750 is subtle. It’s not as huge of a difference as some people claim.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #1,101 of 2,543

The subbass frequencies (which I consider as 60 Hz and below) are usually "felt" rather than "heard" as a visceral rumble. This is contingent on a good eartip seal and a not too noisy environment.

The midbass frequencies (which I consider as around 60 - 200 Hz) provides the slam AKA punch AKA meat in the bass frequencies and are the basslines that one can hear in music when a double bass or electric bass is playing.

You can use tone generators online to get the frequencies you want and see if you can hear it on your IEM (with a good seal and quiet environment).

In some poorly mastered recordings, or in certain IEMs that ain't too well layered/textured in the bass, or if there is midbass bleed/bloat, the bass kick (of the drums) and electric bass lines within the midbass frequencies are mixed together and it is pretty difficult to tell apart. In certain genres like rock, sometimes the recording guys purposely blend the bass kick and electric bass lines together, and that is intended, so even with technically proficient IEMs, it might be hard to tell apart.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #1,102 of 2,543
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #1,105 of 2,543
Here's something I wrote last month, but didn't get around to posting until just now (I had to upload the photos).

5aaFr46.png

rDyWhJZ.jpg

Just got my MH755 from Kanoya, and it is incredible. It's slightly better than my two other MH755s, which may be fakes, but at least one of them sounds alright too.

I paid more for mine, around $17 USD in total, which is stupid, but I wanted one with green tips. Anyway, it sounds great. Really pleasant tuning, and the fit is somehow slightly better than the others. I could wear this all day.

I'm amping it from a Fiio E10K. Usually I find it a bit overblown and heavy, but it seems to give the MH755 the power it craves.

Flutes and violins, strings in general sound natural. It's excellent for classical.

Soundstage is still limited, as expected, although in line with with cheap earbuds. Resolution is grainy on instruments compared to 12 BA monsters, but we already knew that. Percussion can be a little faint, and I'm not hearing 'ghost notes' with these. Bells sound honeyed, and not piercing.

Brass is weaker, though. It gets 'blat-ty.' A kind of noise instead of a fully-realized three-dimensional sound. The MH755 seems to do better with the higher-pitched and more treble-oriented instruments. In fact, low brass instruments seem to vibrate the housing. It seems to add some background hiss, too, in extreme cases. Low synths don't seem to have this effect, just brass.

The tuning is definitely not V-shaped. You all know it's Harman-esque. For me, it sounds more centered and rounded, or mid-centric than much of my Chi-Fi. It doesn't sound like one part of the curve dominates over the others.

It really hates noise in the original source. I have some nice tracks that were recorded from cassettes, and the hiss and pop is unbearable with the MH755. It also chokes when noise overloads a track. But it's great with clean FLAC recordings.

I'm using a $3 extension cable with it that I use with the other MH755s, it doesn't seem to affect the sound. Although I haven't tested it much.

Overall, this is great for easy listening, and as is said so frequently, you could sleep with these in-ear. You could also use them for studying, although you'd want to do the MMCX mod if you're abroad. Totally non-fatiguing. The downside is lack of detail, layering and staging that I am used to, so I guess I would have to get a Moondrop Starfield or something to beat this. The MH755 doesn't wow you with technicalities so much as it presents a coherent sound that is oriented towards what humans like. It easily passes the "don't take this out of my ears" test, which few of my IEMs can. Only CNT1, BA5, maybe King Pro sometimes, and V90 when it is doing good bass. I can lose myself for 45 minutes without noticing in the MH755.

Feb 22, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #1,106 of 2,543
Just got my MH755 from Kanoya, and it is incredible. It's slightly better than my two other MH755s, which may be fakes, but at least one of them sounds alright too.

I paid more for mine, around $17 USD in total, which is stupid, but I wanted one with green tips. Anyway, it sounds great. Really pleasant tuning, and the fit is somehow slightly better than the others. I could wear this all day.

Wow! Kanoya is already $17, not cheap. I had opened mh755 from Kanoya and a $3 mh755 from Aliexpress, theyre just the same internals & SQ.

Feb 22, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1,107 of 2,543
Yes, there is no reason to spend $17 on an MH755. The reason I did was I wanted the white one with green tips, and it came to that with the shipping and all. The regular one with the orange tips was considerably cheaper, but I already had 2.

Feb 22, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #1,108 of 2,543
Yes, there is no reason to spend $17 on an MH755. The reason I did was I wanted the white one with green tips, and it came to that with the shipping and all. The regular one with the orange tips was considerably cheaper, but I already had 2.
yup prices varies with the tips color

Feb 23, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #1,110 of 2,543
I opened a tons of mh750 / 755 for making my MH1c/mh750 mod, and unfortunately 70% of them were fakes :frowning2:

Is the nozzle on yours painted grey? Or is it just the lighting in the photo?

And yes, the vast majority of the black ones are fake. I’d say it’s closer to 90%, not 70%.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back