Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jan 31, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,081 of 2,543
But my only complaint is the harshness and congested mid-high to high... I have to place the eartips on the first rib from the double rib style nozzle in order to fix the problem.
These tips are with a narrower stem size and sit perfectly on the first rib :
#Aliexpress € 0,54 29%OFF | 4 Pairs Soft Silicone Earphone Case In Ear Earbuds Cover Eartips Replacement for Momentum Headphone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sA2xgY
[/QUOTE]

P. S. From the previous reshells, I found that the black mesh is really important to tame down the highs. So this reshell also uses the original mesh instead of the metal one.

I know exactly what you mean. The highs can get really harsh. But these cloth type meshes always clog pretty fast with the earwax, sweat and moisture mixture, because metal shells have a problem with the dew point. I chose to experiment with a density of the nozzle foam but still haven't finished it yet.

Great minds think alike :)
Who woud have thought it. :) So cool to find out I'm not the only one!

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #1,083 of 2,543
Talking about the MH755 from the SBH24, a friend of mine has the SBH24. If I recall correctly, I think it sounded like the mid bass was a bit more bloated? But I definitely remember thinking it didn't sound as good as the one I bought from a local online retailer in bulk pack when I compared them side by side. Didn't think much of it and just chalked it down to variance between units. Seeing the recent posts made me go back to look at the photos he sent me when he did the re-cable a while ago. His has the round vent in the middle too. :/

IW8F30c.png

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #1,084 of 2,543
kanoya has black mh755 back in stock on ebay if anyone wants a legit black set

Well, I ordered them.

They turned out to be fakes and way too bassy/muddy. Also no tuning foam in the nozzle and mesh is way different (and see through) compared to the 5-6 other pairs of MH755 I've had.

IMG_20200203_175822.jpg

IMG_20200203_175625.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #1,087 of 2,543
Well, I ordered the black MH-755 before assassin10000 reported them being fakes. I decided to do a tear down and a comparison between the real one and fake one. Here are the pictures.

They look the same on the outside and the housing looks exactly the same inside and out, even the vent holes are the same shape.

IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1870.JPG

The driver and a few other things is what differs between the two. The real MH-755 driver has a red dot on the back of the driver. It also does not have a hole in the middle of the driver while the fake one does. There is also a black gasket seal on the driver and on the inside of the housing of the real MH-755. There is also a little tiny foam filter inside as well.

The fake ones have completely different drivers that sound very different from the real ones. It is also missing the black gasket seals and the foam filter.

IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG

**Update**
So I decided to make myself a legit pair of black Sony MH755. I essentially just took everything from a set of MH755 drivers I had from a failed MMCX attempt and moved them into the black housing.

IMG_1873.JPG

Everything is correct and they sound great too!
IMG_1872.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #1,092 of 2,543
Got my second pair of MH755's yesterday, from a different source than the first pair, and to my mind they definitely sound a little better. They have fuller bass and seem a little airier and more precise in the soundstage. Very impressed. The first pair is not a fake, as far as I can tell, and is wired in phase, so I don't know why there's the difference. Maybe just manufacturing variation, although my impression was these were supposed to be pretty consistent.

That sucks, mine has the same problem. The sub bass is almost non-existent.
$7 wasted.

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #1,093 of 2,543
That sucks, mine has the same problem. The sub bass is almost non-existent.
$7 wasted.

I haven't used my Sony MH755 in half a year, but I do remember it was quite bassy actually

A lack of bass is usually a sign of poor fit/seal/isolation with eartips, so do explore a size up or down or different aftermarket tips. We all have different ear anatomies so sometimes the stock tips do not suit everyone.

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #1,094 of 2,543
A lack of bass is usually a sign of poor fit/seal/isolation with eartips, so do explore a size up or down or different aftermarket tips. We all have different ear anatomies so sometimes the stock tips do not suit everyone.

I doubt it. I've tried everything, but it just doesn't sound right.

Edit: The seller actually blocked me after giving 1-star review.

If you're in Malaysia please avoid dealing with this seller.
https://shopee.com.my/mickeyo2/2031871926

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #1,095 of 2,543
I doubt it. I've tried everything, but it just doesn't sound right.

Well then the only other possibilities I can think of are that u got a fake (which the Sony Mh755 is famous for, especially the black coloured ones), or it may be wired out of phase.

Check out this link for out of phase testing:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back