Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #586 of 1,526
So I guess this new entry on GSM Arena means the U.S. version will have 4GBs of RAM while the pricier 6GB RAM version with double the storage memory will only be available in Taiwan (where HTC is based)? Or else we'll get both options here?! 

I remember the M8 had 2 versions where 1 was the one we got and the Taiwan-only version had a slightly faster processor, so may be the first option. Hope not lol, cuz I know how much akg fanboy loves his RAM. LOL! 

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #587 of 1,526
  So I guess this new entry on GSM Arena means the U.S. version will have 4GBs of RAM while the pricier 6GB RAM version with double the storage memory will only be available in Taiwan (where HTC is based)? Or else we'll get both options here?! 

I remember the M8 had 2 versions where 1 was the one we got and the Taiwan-only version had a slightly faster processor, so may be the first option. Hope not lol, cuz I know how much akg fanboy loves his RAM. LOL! 

It wasn't a slightly faster processor... it was the same thing but not downclocked like most m8's.
They probably will do the whole 4/6 thing since they want to compete with samdung and think they can go ahead and lay back just because samdung didn't do it

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #588 of 1,526
  It wasn't a slightly faster processor... it was the same thing but not downclocked like most m8's.
They probably will do the whole 4/6 thing since they want to compete with samdung and think they can go ahead and lay back just because samdung didn't do it

Oh ok. I knew it was SOMETHING like that. I don't know if what I'd read said it like that, but I guess it's all the same. lol 

I hope they're not gonna "lay back" on anything when it comes to competing with the S8/S8+. lol 

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #589 of 1,526
meh the s8 didn't seem to fix any ram management issues, and the camera quality is pretty much the same as the s7 from tests, still nothing beats the nexus 6p for stills on both front and rear facing cameras. Might see what zte and oneplus have, all I want is an 18:9 screen, good battery, and 6gb ram!!!

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #592 of 1,526
The last part of this article written about the HTC X10 mid-ranger might as well have been written by akg fangboy himself (or me). LOL Esp since his comments about HTC's spacing/real estate issues with their phones.

HOPEFULLY it's a sign of things to come and not just a fluke. And by sign of things to come, I MEAN the HTC 11! LOL

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #594 of 1,526
youtube videos showing Sony XZs being ridiculously fast despite having the same CPU as last years phones and also using the older emmc5.1 storage. browser testing is especially impressive evn besting the iphone 7 somehow. 

cant imagine the xzp with ufs2.1 and 835

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #595 of 1,526
  youtube videos showing Sony XZs being ridiculously fast despite having the same CPU as last years phones and also using the older emmc5.1 storage. browser testing is especially impressive evn besting the iphone 7 somehow. 

cant imagine the xzp with ufs2.1 and 835

That's cool. 

Why not? The XZP won't be out 'til June at the earliest they say. If the HTC 11 comes out next month as expected, then I see now reason why the XZP wouldn't have the 835 as well. Not sure about UFS 2.1 at all though. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #599 of 1,526
  tempted to give sony's midranger xa1 a chance while I wait for the oneplus 5/note 8/lg v30

At least you wouldn't have to deal with bezels. lol 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back