Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Mar 23, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #466 of 1,526
  if you think that is surround then try using a mono speaker setup with 1 speaker on the left that does highs to mids and 1 speaker on the right that does bass to mids, tell me how you enjoyed that "surround" sound, it is really a terrible approach, especially since it's mono. It only works because it's a phone with such tiny speakers that the difference is not as large

I doubt samdung will mess it up with the entire assets from harmon... if anything it's sony that would F up something with their phones

lol............. I like how it sounds actually! I am honestly 50/50 on whether or not it's ("Hi-Fi Boomsound") better or worse than "Classic BoomSound". Initially I had said worse, but now I dunno. I guess Classic still better, and I think/hope HTC will be going back to that with the 11. The lady I spoke to about that codec question on the 10 said they've gotten A LOT of complaints/requests lol to bring back Classic. 

Well...........Sony already has too, so that's a given my friend. lol Dedicated to integrated? Goodbye Felicia! lol

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #467 of 1,526

lol............. I like how it sounds actually! I am honestly 50/50 on whether or not it's ("Hi-Fi Boomsound") better or worse than "Classic BoomSound". Initially I had said worse, but now I dunno. I guess Classic still better, and I think/hope HTC will be going back to that with the 11. The lady I spoke to about that codec question on the 10 said they've gotten A LOT of complaints/requests lol to bring back Classic. 

Well...........Sony already has too, so that's a given my friend. lol Dedicated to integrated? Goodbye Felicia! lol

I was talking about actual dedicated speakers lol, I said the implementation on a smartphone isn't nearly as bad because they used tiny speakers and their fidelity is nowhere near even $50 bookshelves

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #469 of 1,526
How is this any different from the HTC front and bottom facing?

I'll take dual front facing any day now. Is samsung gonna claim first smartphone with 4k display? lol. Sony has definitely ****ed up most notably z5 and XP. But they are at their game so far with the XZ. We will see in ifa though. 

I'm not gonna upgrade from my z3 into another sony phone till IFA 2017. But Sony will becoming with JDI oled in 2018 so who knows. 
--
what confuses me is the rumors about the s8 having memory stacked sensor with 1kfps? The timing is weird right after the XZ premium. Did they develop their own or did sony sell them the sensor? If not the sensor, perharps maybe the secrets to the sensor? Did samsung copy them? Or did they make a deal so sony can have the 835. 

It's only just a rumor so we don't know for sure yet. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #470 of 1,526

I'll take dual front facing any day now. Is samsung gonna claim first smartphone with 4k display? lol. Sony has definitely ****ed up most notably z5 and XP. But they are at their game so far with the XZ. We will see in ifa though. 

I'm not gonna upgrade from my z3 into another sony phone till IFA 2017. But Sony will becoming with JDI oled in 2018 so who knows. 
--
what confuses me is the rumors about the s8 having memory stacked sensor with 1kfps? The timing is weird right after the XZ premium. Did they develop their own or did sony sell them the sensor? If not the sensor, perharps maybe the secrets to the sensor? Did samsung copy them? Or did they make a deal so sony can have the 835. 

It's different because there are 4 speaker units, not just 2, also there is an equal placement of speakers on both sides. Not to mention STEREO rather than mono so it's very different from the htc 10

No samdung did not copy sony, firstly DRAM in sensors is NOTHING new, it was not invented by sony either, just because sony made the first smartphone sensor with dram doesn't mean sony invented it, dslr's had this forever. I'm convince the sensor is sony's but samdung might have isocell variants manufacturered by themselves as well

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #471 of 1,526

--

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/03/24/sony-xperia-xzs-unboxing-pictures/

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #476 of 1,526
  It's different because there are 4 speaker units, not just 2, also there is an equal placement of speakers on both sides. Not to mention STEREO rather than mono so it's very different from the htc 10

No samdung did not copy sony, firstly DRAM in sensors is NOTHING new, it was not invented by sony either, just because sony made the first smartphone sensor with dram doesn't mean sony invented it, dslr's had this forever. I'm convince the sensor is sony's but samdung might have isocell variants manufacturered by themselves as well

oh ok.

No i meant like the timing is very odd because it was not mentioned before the xz? So like whats going on. Either way Samsung is pulling everything it can muster with their new releases. Sony really needs to up its game and keep up. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #477 of 1,526
  oh ok.

No i meant like the timing is very odd because it was not mentioned before the xz? So like whats going on. Either way Samsung is pulling everything it can muster with their new releases. Sony really needs to up its game and keep up. 

Well my theory that samdung is using sony sensors very well matches with the idea that sony revealed their new line of sensors before samdung showcased anything. The difference in 960 and 1000 fps requires very little additional dram if any at all, so it could be that the ISP from samdung just flat out supports 40 more fps

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #478 of 1,526
  Well my theory that samdung is using sony sensors very well matches with the idea that sony revealed their new line of sensors before samdung showcased anything. The difference in 960 and 1000 fps requires very little additional dram if any at all, so it could be that the ISP from samdung just flat out supports 40 more fps

What is the story with those battery sizes? Please tell me that's a f'ing joke akg. 3000 mAh for a 5.8" screen (ok yeah, a 5.5" length body, but still!)?!!!!! And 3500 for the S8+?!!! Are they really thinking the 835 is gonna be SO efficient as to make up for THAT much of a difference?! lol My HTC 10 has a 3000 mAh and it's 5.2" and it's battery life is good at best!!! LOL 

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #480 of 1,526
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBArHXQP71Y

Cool, thanks.

We'll see what he has to say once the full review is posted. 

I was SUPER impressed by the Lola when I tried it out. Perhaps if I had one of akg fanboy's MAGIC 10-band custom EQs for it I would've liked it as much as the K553s I'd compared them to at the time? lol But either way, right now, I only really like AKG & Blue for closed-back headphones. Nothing else that I've tried or read about seems to really compare on all levels.........sound, comfort, looks, etc to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back