Sony A829 and S639: docking stations, recording
Nov 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

blub

New Head-Fier
Hi,

As stated in another post about the Fuze, I'm looking for a decent MP3-player and hesitating between the Fuze, the Cowon D2 and the Sony A829 or S639.
I've used a minidisc player from Sony for many happy years , until some problem with batteries and the limited storage space and transfer modes (it was an old MZR-55). I've always liked the sound, the build quality (that good old metal thing survived quite some falls) , the straight-forward interface/controls. So, now I'm thinking about maybe buying a Sony again, as their mp3-players seem to have evolved to pretty nice little players.

I've found quite some websites that sell Sony docking stations, but almost no reviews :s . Is there a reason for this? I would really consider buying one depending on the following points;

1/ do they have remote controls? It might seem like a stupid question, but eventhough there is almost no evidence of there being one (nor on Sony-websites, nor on reseller-website), I found 1 combi "docking station with boxes" that had a remote... And it would be silly not to let the others have one, I think.

2/ I've read that there is a docking station, produced for the A829, that gave it the possibility to record audio (even video). Does it also work with the S639?? (I've loved the possibility to occasionally record music/interviews/lectures/... with my MD-player+external mic)

3/ how usefull is the Bluetooth on the A829 for people actually owning one?
I was also thinking about skipping the docking stations if they don't have a remote and buy a bluetooth receiver so that the the DAP itself would serve as a remote
tongue.gif
I know it's not ideal for SQ and the distance and battery will be limiting, but depending on where I'm listening, the home-stereo's aren't all equally good and remote control can be very usefull.

I hate to have to choose between bluetooth and FM-radio
frown.gif
typical Sony-attitude

It's gonna be though, deciding which of those players to get.
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back