Sony A20 vs fiiox1 vs fiiox3 gen 2
Mar 28, 2016 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

konseki

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I'm planning to get either Sony A20 or fiiox1 or fiiox3 gen 2 by June. Any forumer who tried all 3?Prefer Sony coz its light. Now working hard to rip my CDs.

Fyip I gonna play FLAC files

I aiming sandisk class 10 ultra.
Or is samsung better?

I need the micro SD card to load in the daps so I can test.

Which processing speed should I get? 48MB/s or 80MB/s?staff told me the DAP may not be able to play or read if processing speed is too high. But I can't find sandisk 128 GB at 48MB/s. ,:frowning2: how? Should I switch to Samsung or source online? Singapore like no longer carry 48 MB

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 4
The transfer speed of micro sd cards is irrelevant far as playing music is concerned with (all) these players. It really only applies for the transfer rate (speed) of moving files between your laptop and player. (any class is ok) but class 10 is preferable for the best transfer rate. Any brand is ok to, just be careful of fakes.

Personally having tried all three units FiiO X1 offered me the sweetest spot, unless battery life is extremely important then the Sony would be my pick. It also has the best user interface.

I suggest using the Head-fi search bar to read reviews on the players you're looking at and any associatied threads as research. In the end, after all the opinions you'll probably find you got nowhere, or at least more confused than you began and go with your gut instinct anyway. :)

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi H20

Will the speed affect reading speed when playing FLAC too? It is not applicable right? Ya been reading threads with diverse opinion. Best bet is to test the demo sets at stores.:joy::blush:

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi H20

Will the speed affect reading speed when playing FLAC too? It is not applicable right? Ya been reading threads with diverse opinion. Best bet is to test the demo sets at stores.:joy::blush:

It doesn't matter, not applicable. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back