Sony 639
Dec 24, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner265 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think I will invest in a 1 TB hard drive and store all my music for the future

Assuming you only want to re-rip 500 CDs once, it would be good insurance to get 2 drives and use one to back up the other. Hard disk crashes are still a realistic possibility. I have 2 x 320 Gb disks connected to a desktop (storing backup copies of photos from the desktop drive as well as the music) plus a 250Gb disk (USB powered) to connect to my laptop. FLAC versions of all my CDs are stored on all 3 disks (a bit excessive, but as I'm not short of space.......).

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #17 of 25
I'm still on the search and never realised you could buy new sony's using sonicstage still , namely the a3000 . Was this the last model to use SS and is it available in a 30G version. I will probably plump for this but want to get the las version used as I am guessing the SQ would be the best.
Also can you still buy flash players using SS which I could use for running?

thanks

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #18 of 25
I had the A3000 and would advice against it;
on the plusside; it is the most sexy design I ever saw, ánd it sounds good too.
But the sreen is completely impossible to read in daylight and batterylife is horrible; less then 10 hours, far less, even when brandnew.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #20 of 25
I'm still not convinced with my S639

its ok - but the sound quality is not as good as I was thinking it would be - just sounds a bit non-natural. Simple mixes (solo voices etc) sound very good indeed, clear, spatial etc, but as soon as mix gets complex it falls apart rather
frown.gif

going to try a Fuze instead !
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #21 of 25
Well I'm looking at a second hand 808 now as that seems to fulfill my needs , SS , gapless playback and being a flash drive I could use it for both normal use and running.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #23 of 25
Well I've just purchase an A808 for £45 off e-bay which I think is a pretty good deal , I notice it doesn't come with a mains charger can yhou buy one? It makes it awkward to charge on holiday otherwise?

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #25 of 25
Ah I didn't realise they exsisted lol , thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back